• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

QBittorrent version 1.4.5

Started by diver, 2010.02.28, 16:38:53

Previous topic - Next topic

diver

http://www.os2world.com/content/view/19722/2/
QuotePosted by Martin Iturbide - Sunday, 28 February 2010

QBi. .. .

to be precise, it's QBittorrent 1.5.4
a newer port will be available soon

Ben

My thanks to whomever ported it.

This one program can replace several other programs.

Nice work!

melf

It is very nice and there seems to be many interesting QT programs, but is there a way to get rid of the fact that there always is a process left when you close a program - that you have to kill?
/Mikael

diver

hmm what process is still there? in my env is never a process left after i ended a QT programm.

regards
Silvan

p.s. the qbittorent port belongs to me :)

osw

Hi Silvan!
Great port - thank you!!!
At least torrent client for os/2 with encryption option - a must have for some mean ISPs. So I don't need utorrent, under winxp in virtualbox, anymore....
However there is small glitch in window title - it says QBittorent instead of QBittorrent - so one "r" is missing. Nothing bad though.
As about "zombie process"... isn't it about minimizing to tray instead of closing/exiting qt program? (in bittorrent setup there is 'minimizing to tray' and 'close to tray options').

diver

hmm i don't see a missing 'r'
and about the processes you might be right. probably thats the reason i never see that, as i know how to handle the SysTray function :)

regards
Silvan

melf

Quote from: diver on 2010.03.01, 11:20:10
hmm what process is still there? in my env is never a process left after i ended a QT programm.

regards
Silvan

p.s. the qbittorent port belongs to me :)

Regarding your qbit port your absolutely right, sorry.

There are several other ports though, eg Znotes, Qgoogletranslate and others (ie Qeven) that leave a process; znotes.exe, qgoogletranslate.exe, if I try to quit them by using the standard os2 "X" in its window. But using the programs own exit, (File>quit  in Qgoogletranslate; programs own "X" in Z-notes) leave no traces.
/Mikael

diver

please report that to the porter, as this behaviour is not 100% right of course

abwillis

OSW is probably correct, it is set to minimize to tray on close.  File - Quit will shut down the program but File - Close for which the X is the same will minimize to the tray.  If you have x(e)center installed you should have an Extended System Tray widget.  If you install this you should see icons like the systray icons on windows.  When it "closes", it minimizes to this icon.  Personally, in some cases I don't mind it minimizing to there but I generally dislike it closing to there.

diver

this is the nice behaviour of the systray widget. usually it can be deactivated somewhere in properties.

this should work on all platforms the same

regards
Silvan

melf

I will report to porters!

Ok about systray, but I generally think that the "X" on standard OS/2 windows should exit an application. Its otherwise confusing.
/Mikael

diver

Melf,
when systray is installed the  button closes only to systray. this is a normal behaviour and also the same on other platforms

regards
Silvan

Ben

Quote from: diver on 2010.02.28, 16:38:53
...to be precise, it's QBittorrent 1.5.4
a newer port will be available soon

How is work progressing on the latest version?

Can we expect anything anytime soon?

Just wondering...

Whenever it is ready it will be just as welcomed.

diver

first we need to bring out Qt 4.6.2 with printing. But as we still lack some money, it will take time. then i consider updating the port.

so to all please donate some more money, as we almost reached the goal.

regards
Silvan

Ben

Understood.

I'll recheck my resources.

Thank-you.