• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

ilex full graphic scada interface

Started by miturbide, 2010.03.16, 19:59:16

Previous topic - Next topic

miturbide

HI

Today I found a local scada system called Ilex running under OS/2 Warp 3, for an energy sub-center. It was up an running like for 15 years and today started to give problems due hardware issues.

Does anybody has documentation about this ILex or had hear about it ?
Its web site does not say anything about OS/2 anymore.

http://www.c3ilex.com/products/index.html#lit

Anything will be usefull, since I can not find any documentation at all.
Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Open Source Advocate

Skype - martiniturbide
Google Talk - martiniturbide@gmail.com

ivan

Have you tried e-mailing them?  Someone might have some information tucked away in a file cabinet.

ivan

miturbide

Yes, for the moment they had told me to buy the upgrade to the Windows version.
Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Open Source Advocate

Skype - martiniturbide

RobertM

Quote from: miturbide on 2010.03.16, 22:47:33
Yes, for the moment they had told me to buy the upgrade to the Windows version.

Is the issue hard drive related? If not, maybe a new machine, fresh install of OS/2, copy the program files and directories from the old drive, insert any relevant config.sys lines, and then use an INI editor to find any entries on the old drive's ini files that are relevant and add them to the ini files on the new computer.

Not an ideal solution... but one that may work - assuming the hard drive is ok in the old system.

Best,
Robert

|
|
Kirk's 5 Year Mission Continues at:
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|

miturbide

Robert, the idea is good. But the problem is that ILEX uses an ISA communication card. So I can not move it to a newer machine that doesn't have an ISA port.

I checked this case further. This ISA card was created by ILEX. It has two RJ45 ports on the back, but it is to connect to an scada system using Gestel 101 protocol.
The driver on the config.sys is:
c:\sedisg\s\scdrv.sys -n2 -i4

It boots normally it says it is on IRQ 4 and port 220. The ILEX software runs and two of the fours leds lights on the back of the card but the software does not show any data from the scada system.

This ISA card was damage by some voltage change and some chipset were replaced on the card, when it was reinserted to the OS/2 machine it didn't work. It was reinserted on the same ISA slot and no changed were made in the OS/2 machine.

It is on Warp 3 rel.8.234 and to the software version is Ilex full graphics scada interface 6.20

I think it is more of a hardware problem with this ISA card, or possible something with the Ilex software, since the driver seems to load fine when OS/2 boots.
Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Open Source Advocate

Skype - martiniturbide

Andi

Quote from: miturbide on 2010.03.17, 03:55:57
It boots normally it says it is on IRQ 4 and port 220. The ILEX software runs and two of the fours leds lights on the back of the card but the ....
I think it is more of a hardware problem with this ISA card, ...
As you mentioned it seems more to be a HW than a SW problem. Only thing that comes to mind is IRQ4 which is usually reserved for com1: Maybe if its a PNP Bios and booted up without the card the IRQs were missarranged. Or your cards IRQ were unintentionally changed to IRQ4. With ISA cards IRQ and address settings usually were made with DIP-switches or jumpers.