• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

(Apache/PHP/MySQL related) Looking for info on PROCESSES= config.sys statement

Started by RobertM, 2010.04.12, 21:45:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Smedley

ivan

Maybe if I knew what it was all about but page 3 of this thread is just a blank with only the masthead.

ivan

Bill

Actually,  pages 1, 2 and 3 are blank.  Only this page (4) has any entries

regards  Bill

Ben

You have to bypass the CMS and go directly to the forum to view a thread under these circumstances.

I'd post the link here, but I believe that to be against the wishes of the maintainers.

However, it is not difficult to figure it out and the first choice most likely, will be the correct one.

ivan

Hi Ben,

I do go direct to the forum and as Bill says the first three pages are blank.

Maybe the maintainers will eventually fix the problem.

ivan

RobertM

Quote from: Ben on 2010.07.18, 16:17:04
You have to bypass the CMS and go directly to the forum to view a thread under these circumstances.

I'd post the link here, but I believe that to be against the wishes of the maintainers.

However, it is not difficult to figure it out and the first choice most likely, will be the correct one.

It definitely is not. The direct link is this:
http://www.os2world.com/forum/index.php/topic,2297.0.html

We are aware of the problem and have tried numerous things to fix it (to no avail).

Best,
Robert

|
|
Kirk's 5 Year Mission Continues at:
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|

Fahrvenugen

Paul,

So far I havn't had any issues with the new Apache in the testing I've done on my home machine, it seems to be working well.  However...

I havn't yet put the website that I was having major issues with on to this build of Apache.  This is because:

1.  That website does have a high level of traffic, I need to schedule any time I'm going to take it offline and be ready to go with getting it back online to minimize downtime

2.  In order to accomplish this, I'm going to need to build an OS/2 server running this version of Apache, PHP, MySQL, and install the website on it.  Ensure it is working, and then switch from the current machine over to it, and see what happens.

I do have 2 OS/2 servers at that location, however they're both mission-critical, so I'm not about to test this on either of  those machines.  If I'm able to confirm this solves the issue on the stand-alone machine running just that website then I'll look at putting it on to one of those 2 servers, but for now, I'm going to play it safe.

I'll definitely let you know when I have a chance to do more testing, but so far things are looking good!

Thanks!

RobertM

130,000 PHP generated page views, 200 new posts... stable so far.

Rob

|
|
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|

Fahrvenugen

Quote from: RobertM on 2010.07.18, 23:12:38

Rob

Rob,

Are you still running your script to shut down / restart MySQL / Apache on a regular basis, or have you turned that off?

RobertM

Quote from: Fahrvenugen on 2010.07.19, 17:02:26
Quote from: RobertM on 2010.07.18, 23:12:38

Rob

Rob,

Are you still running your script to shut down / restart MySQL / Apache on a regular basis, or have you turned that off?

It is currently set for every 24 hours - which I am about to extend to 48, then 96 and so on. I'd never get much farther than 4 hours before.

Currently, the server is 21 hours in (ie: 3 hours before daemon restart) and is still at 91% free low memory (started at 91.3%, now at 91.4%). So, in 21 hours of roughly 14,000 pageviews (16,000 per day) at an average 15 MySQL/PHP requests each (SMF uses 12-20 per page) - or 210,000 MySQL/PHP requests in the last 21 hours... all seems to be running well on the Apache end.

I have been having MySQL problems, but that's unrelated to this Apache build (and may be an error on my part for not completing the upgrade of various eCS components). MySQL just goes away from time to time. I've revised my script to monitor MySQL and restart it if it goes away, which has resolved that.

I seriously think that's an SMF/MySQL issue and not related to OS/2 or wAMP, because the same exact thing happened on the Linux box the forums were originally running on.

The one thing I do know is this... AMP on OS/2 definitely is outperforming AMP on Linux. We arent running a 4 way turned 8 way SMP box for these forums (as they were when they were on the Linux box). We are running a single core P4 2.4 GHz CPU with only 2GB RAM.

Anyway, I will post the new script with the MySQL monitoring section added sometime later...

Best,
Robert

|
|
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|

Ben

Quote from: RobertM on 2010.07.18, 18:54:07

We are aware of the problem and have tried numerous things to fix it (to no avail).

I had that problem too and I believe I pointed it out when I recommended the Joomla/SMF combination, way back when, to OS2world.

The problem I resolved by getting rid of Joomla and replacing it with Elxis... a variant. Don't ask me why it went away, but it did... and some other problems too.

I got rid of the bridge later on as well and switched to the wrapper.

There is an Elxis integration tool that works with SMF and new posts --not the same as a bridge--, (though I haven't tested it, no one has reported any errors... but it has been a while since I checked).

Food for thought perhaps... though the combination may not suit the needs of this site, it has been very reliable for me now for a few years.

Ben

And I'll just add this...

Back when I was using Joomla, (and Mambo), getting blank pages was not limited to SMF through the bridge.

Some days some 'main site' pages would be served blank and would persist for a time, another day they would be served just fine. Sometimes tweaking the article and saving it would fix it, other times it wouldn't.

While this was far more prevalent with SMF through the bridge, it was certainly not limited to it.

SMF by itself never had this problem. The obvious commonality here being the
CMS.

Just a crumb more of data.

abwillis

Quote from: RobertM on 2010.07.18, 18:54:07
Quote from: Ben on 2010.07.18, 16:17:04

It definitely is not. The direct link is this:
http://www.os2world.com/forum/index.php/topic,2297.0.html

Best,
Robert

I am trying to view page three of this thread but even going directly through the forum page it is blank for me...  I am looking in particular for the script if it was posted for restarting the Mysql/Apache.
Andy

RobertM

Andy, did you ever find the script? Do you still need it? If so, I can re-post it. I think I'd added a couple tweaks to it since last posting anyway.

|
|
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|

abwillis

I still can't view it... I was pointing someone else to it and I am not sure if he was able to view it or not so I would appreciate the a re-post.