• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

How (again) to run Firefox, TB at same time

Started by warpcafe, 2010.04.20, 13:02:12

Previous topic - Next topic

melf

I agree completely, its good to have things gathered. The last comment was just for fun..!
/Mikael

RobertM

Quote from: melf on 2010.04.22, 21:20:19
I agree completely, its good to have things gathered. The last comment was just for fun..!

LoL, I know... I was laughing as I was remembering some emails I sent to Paul (Smedley) regarding issues I was having running Apache because some idiot I didnt read the instructions. And am grateful for his quick, polite response helping me along - when it shoulda been "Hey doofus! Read the instructions..."

|
|
Kirk's 5 Year Mission Continues at:
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|

warpcafe

Folks,

I was successful and have documented what I did so far. Unfortunately however, I noticed something strange I can't explain: Jave doesn't work! Gosh. Firefox tells me I need to install and/or turn on Java support.
The thing is: It worked for ages, with all kinds of Seamonkeys... for Firefox, the last time I checked, it worked with a 2.x something version... now with 3.5.8 it won't.

I went thru the docs and checked requirements and stuff... all looks fine. ipluginw.dll is in the components subdir and I didn't copy anything to the plugins dirctory at first. When I noticed it didn't work, I tried copying the usual np...dlls to the plugins dirctory, but still nothing happened (also, about:plugins doesn't show Java).

Can someone give me a hint what could be the cause? I'm running the Java 142 from Innotek BTW. Could it be that there is a glitch in my libpath or something as stupid as that? And if so - what should I check for?
Now that I'm away from the machine, something else comes to mind (but I can't check it): Is Java support turned-off by default in the settings somewhere? Naah, can't be the case, can it...?

TIA
Thomas
"It is not worth an intelligent man's time to be in the majority.
By definition, there are already enough people to do that"
- G.H. Hardy

melf

AFAIK java is not supported (at least not yet) in those new 3.5..I don't remember from which version. I says in the readme it is, but it isn't.

I'm probably wrong, its from 3.6 and up..
/Mikael

warpcafe

Hej,

Jesus christ! This one http://www.os2world.com/content/view/19406/2/ explains it pretty well.
However, I have yet to find out if that affects the pre-3.6 stuff as well... (and up to what version?)

Thanks a lot for opening my eyes on it... cheers,
Thomas
- G.H. Hardy

warpcafe

Hi all,

hmm... okay, I have downloaded some of the older builds to see where this takes me.
Unfortunately, I'll have to wait 'til next weekend... am on the road currently... but perhaps VirtualBox can help on my machine tonite already ;)

Anyway, FWIW, here's a FTP archive link for all Firefox releases ever done (including those that dropped out the "releases" folder at mozilla.org):
ftp://archive.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/

It took me some time to find that one. That's why I thought it might be worth mentioning here - it could save time for others ;)
Will send in updates as soon as they occur...

Cheers,
Thomas
- G.H. Hardy