• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

eCS 2.0 CD 2 Problem?

Started by planetecs, 2010.05.28, 22:59:43

Previous topic - Next topic

planetecs

When running the smartguide on CD 2 I get this error message:

SYS0191: S:\GUIDE\sguide.exe cannot be run in an OS/2 Session.

Also many of the readme files on the 2nd cd seem to be empty.  Some of the stuff does install if its done one at a time but its not as convenient.

Is there a problem with this CD?

Thanks
David

sXwamp

Same thing happen to me, here's what I did:

Here is a TIP - If you don't want to burn the other 2 CD immediately try: ISOFS V1.0.3 to mount the ISO image.

http://home.clara.net/orac/os2.htm#isofs

planetecs

Well, I downloaded the CD image again and this time when I connected the ISO to virtual PC it worked so the first download must have been corrupt.

I have been doing some testing on Virtual PC pointing the ISO image from VPC with a standard install,  a Combo install with the IBM Boot Manager and a migration.

With RC6 I had some problems because the boot manager seemed to be corrupted on that release making my PC unbootable, however I was able to fix it.  Now with the GA I see there is a boot manager migration which worked great.  So a combo install with the IBM boot manager works fine.

The migration from 1.2 to 2.0 worked fine too.  I did have some things that did not migrate like LSwithcer and an old ECS clock, but I was able to copy the LSwithcer back and it worked fine and I did not need the old clock.

So, now I am ready to install on the empty partition I have been saving for so many years but for me it was worth the wait.  The Samba works great.  The OOO works great.

I do wish there was a current version of flash though.

Dave

dgclark

>>I do wish there was a current version of flash though.<<

Try the preview for flash 10. It is in the subscription area. I am not a big flash user, and the readme warns that it doesn't work on everything, but everything I have viewed with this worked OK.

marcbryant

Just wondering what changes did you notice going from 1.2 to 2.0.  I haven't had any problems with 1.2 so I'm not in a hurry to upgrade.  Were most of the fixes just for the new hardware of today?