• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Cclive, multimedia url and vlc

Started by Barbara, 2010.06.03, 15:47:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Barbara

So, as now several sites with multimedia content does not works without flash10 (still not 'available), for the moment I should have a solution for streaming that works, but I am not satisfied completly :
I've created a program object on the desktop called "stream", pointing to cclive.exe and for parameters
--stream-exec="C:\MMOS2\MPlayer\mplayer.exe %i" --stream-pass "[ ]"
where, as you can see, cclive extract the multimedia content from stream-pass and redirect it to the media player preferred, the only think to do is to copy and paste the url of the multimedia site (youtube or others) in the pop-up window callback by "[ ]".
Now, using mplayer as preferred player, all works fine but the video starts only at the end of download and for very long contents the wait should be...very long  :).
Now, a strange thing happened using vlc as media player: via an OS/2 command line, the streaming works and play in real-time the media (cclive.exe --stream-exec="C:\usr\local\bin\vlc.exe -d %i" --stream-pass "http://youtube..."), but setting it as parameter for my "stream" object program, vlc is waiting for something  ???
So, the question: is there a way to pass like PM object parameters a line like this one
cclive.exe --stream-exec="C:\usr\local\bin\vlc.exe %i" --stream-pass "[ ]"
that play media in real-time?
This because in my opinion i think that should be the best elegant solution waiting for this blessed flash10 once made a shadow of "stream" program object direct in eCenter!!
Thanks for any idea, regards,
Barbara.

StefanZ

Hhmmm - I really tried to run Cclive but without any success so far.

no matter what I do I get the error:
error: libquvi: lua website scripts not found

:(

Barbara

Inside abby there is the package you need (LUA),..and the streaming function included in the program does not works (i think probably becouse use the --stream=n (in percentage) option that was in the 0.5.5 version of cclive.
http://www.ecomstation.it/ecsoft2/prog.php?progid=1596&name=Abby&sys=os2+ecomstation
Regards,
Barbara

Tellie

Hi,
Just download from netlabs, Abby v0.4.8
There is a zipfile in named: lua.zip

This is the missing scripts for cclive v0.6.3
You have to unzip then to: ?:\HOME\DEFAULT\.quvi
And cclive should work fine...

Btw Abby is a gui for CClive

ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/qtapps/Abby-0.4.8-OS2.zip

Barbara

Ok, solve the problem:
- Add in config.sys the statement
SET CCLIVE_HOME=C:\HOME\Default
- create a file in C:\HOME\Default named ".ccliverc"
content:
filename-format = "%t.%s"
format = "best"
stream-exec = "C:\usr\local\bin\vlc.exe %i"
are minimal settings for my purpose, more statements on cclive main url..manual
Create a program object named "Stream" pointing to cclive.exe (unpack somewhere in PATH should be preferred)
parameters
--stream-pass "[ ]"
Working directory where is cclive.exe
check in Session panel "Start minimized" and "Close window on exit", Window tab, Open object behavior "Create a new window"
Now, simply pasting the url in the pop-up window clicking on "Stream" object, will start vlc streaming the media ;) !!
A shadow of "Stream" program object in the eCenter will help your web-surfing ;) !!!
For the moment the only players that can do this are vlc and smplayer. Mplayer, kmp and ffplay wait all for the end of download before start (gnash does not works) ???
The supported sites are all sites available for cclive 0.6.3 (latest), a large number.
Now i can waiting for flash10 without need Clipgrab..Abby..or other similar programs..simply using the WPS features :)!!
Regards,
Barbara.