• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Run Os/2 image on another pc...

Started by jetiz06, 2010.06.14, 14:19:40

Previous topic - Next topic

jetiz06

Hello!

Here is my problem:
I have an os/2 ide hard drive where os/2 warp 3 is installed. The hdd was part of an IBM 486 DX4 System.

No i want (have) to run the system on an IBM 586 system a with Cirrus Logic GD-5430 VGA on board graphic card.
But during boot (after the OS/2 Warp logo appears) an error message is displayed on the screen

"An programm in this session encountered a problem an cannot continue.

c0000005
BVHSVGA.DLL 0001:00000c9b
...................... "

It seems that the system has a problem with the graphic card.
What can i do to solve that problem? Is it possible to switch to the standard vga driver like in windows?

StefanZ

Yes, it is possible - and in fact that would be my first step.

Press Alt-F1 just when you see a small white box with "OS/2" on the top left hand corner of the screen just when the system is starting to boot.

You will get a nice blue menu with some options - choose "Reset to VGA and reboot" option.

After that, re-install video drivers for your graphics card (if possible/applicable).

jetiz06

Thanks guy!

Alt + F1 and than 'V' didn't work but with 'm' i was able to choose the right driver from a list..! :)

now a have another problem! after startup there is an application in the autostart which stucks during initializing! exists there something like a taskmanager (ctr - alt - delete) to close this application?

StefanZ

Hmmmm... if you are talking about Warp3 without any extenders, the only way I can think of is to bring up the Window List window - assuming your desktop works and is not "stuck".

Press Ctrl+Ecs when working with your Desktop. This will show the list of currently running applications. Choose the one that is not behaving, right click on it with your mouse and select Close.

Hope this helps.

Ben

Quote from: jetiz06 on 2010.06.14, 15:57:48
Thanks guy!

Alt + F1 and than 'V' didn't work but with 'm' i was able to choose the right driver from a list..! :)

now a have another problem! after startup there is an application in the autostart which stucks during initializing! exists there something like a taskmanager (ctr - alt - delete) to close this application?

Hold down the "Shift" key when the WPS first starts to appear.

Keep it held down until all activity stops.

That will stop any programs that load in the Start-Up folders.

If that does not do it then edit your startup.cmd in the root directory of your install drive.

That should solve your problem unless it is running detached, then you need to edit your Config.sys and REM it out.