• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

FleaBay Jive NOT!

Started by ModZilla, 2010.06.18, 03:46:04

Previous topic - Next topic

ModZilla

A couple members contacted us about some software for Liquidation on FleaBay - the Virtual Flea Mkt. as it turns out, I gave this surplus IBM Show stuff to a freind to post for the listers here who contacted me.

She listed a few items intently at ninety nine cents and no reserve...this seemed
fair as some items were won and all seemed kool...until she listed some archaic MS Win9x OS from the late 90's ...a resto CD she had from an olde g-way lap.

Well, that my freinds was a big mistake and for her I do mean BIG...since whoever bought the first IBM Show item [a Visual C++ app for OS2 -who's money had to be refunded using her 'paybuddy' acct.] there has been shear HELLLLLLLLLL to pay by both MS, PayPal and eBay! Said CD was listed in none other than "... /OS/Other" or so I am told with hundreds like it, yes - listed with tons of "other OS" items, similarly researched to find a fair starting price so she wouldnt be wasting anyones time. As I recall it was for under ten bucks and had original factory seal, shrink wrap and came with an Enterprize CD by Symantec. This was not a copy nor did the CD say "not for resale" anywhere on the disk, it just happens to be an old outdated restore disk that accompanied her old gateway laptop that she had donated years ago...so what is the big deal?

Vero's snoop -I forget her name already- makes some big complaint about it to eBay or so it seems. She follows up with a mssg ebay saying that the seller continues to sell similar items like this in the same category. NOT TRUE by the way.  The seller gets a message from ebay on MyFleaBay...as to the fact that six auctions are now cancelled, all the funds from her PayBuddy acct. are also frozen but no message to that effect is ever found. She found out by trying to withdraw the shipping fees paid by the sellers so that she could ship the item(s_) About a week goes by with no further action, no email, nothin. Then as if a virtual hawk came swooping out of the cyber bit bucket and down on her account ID 'andwhatnots' all the other 6 auctions are gone ... of course! As far as similar items in said category...all remain, some with bids, but NOT hers.

So, I do apologize to the person who purchashed the V i s u a l C++ Sealed, for OS2 and the other App...it was a situation that came out the blindsight way beyond her control...
I am in process of backtracking this problem. Should that person still want the items they can be still be purchased off ebay as her account was suspended -totally thrashed due to selling an old outdated MicroSoft piece of garbage...oops did I say that?
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHA! Balmeried again in cyberspace ??? If they buyer would just contact me through this forum if you need this (C++__et al)and I will fwd the message to the person who now still has the items.

this post was regarding: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280522813392

[Zi;ch,,, though these times demand that most of that go back to support political dupes and such...s&h is also minimal as is the cost of priority mail [gee, ever cost out the price of a mailer -  box at Staples lately? -ah YUK] ((plus 80 Cents delivery confirmation)), oooooooooooo, this could get spendy!
Anywho, this stuff is new and some is just surplus for us, all bundles have bonuses and require buyers to have verified Paypal Addresses in the lower 48 U.S. States...here too are some other items for you 'Trekies':]

http://cgi.ebay.com/StarTREK-KoBayashi-ALTERNATIVE-Commodore-64-MORE-/280523715391?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item415084333f
someday os2 will be ruled by the young and famous-at least in the open-source world!