• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Weave - Now known as Firefox sync

Started by craigm, 2010.07.12, 02:51:02

Previous topic - Next topic

craigm

Is anyone else having problems with Firefox sync besides me? My windows machines are syncing but eCS is not, all my settings seem correct so I have no idea, I log on but I get an erroir when syncing (just says it cant).

Thanks!

RobertM

My guess is something not working with the WebDAV support in FF/2, or issues with it when run on non-Windows platforms using Firefox 3.6.x - sorry I cant help any further on this.

Best,
Robert

|
|
Kirk's 5 Year Mission Continues at:
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|

sXwamp

Quote from: craigm on 2010.07.12, 02:51:02
Is anyone else having problems with Firefox sync besides me? My windows machines are syncing but eCS is not, all my settings seem correct so I have no idea, I log on but I get an erroir when syncing (just says it cant).

Thanks!

Try SyncPlaces

Synchronizes your bookmarks, passwords and password exceptions between browsers. Uses your own (or third party) web or ftp server so you have complete control and privacy.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/8426/

Greggory

craigm

I just wanted to post here about what I finally was able to do. Weave simply does not work for me at least. I was pointed to SyncPlaces but that did not work for me either.

I finally was able to get Xmarks working without a problem at all!

It works in Windows and eCS and now all my bookmarks are synchronized! An added bonus, there is also Quickfox Notes, from the same company, which lets you make sticky notes in Firefox so if you go to another computer they are also there! It's a nice plugin and I think it has many more functions then weave.

Anyways, I just thought I would share my success and thank everyone for their help!