• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

IBM OS/2 Warp 4 Rel. in 2001 for sale...

Started by ModZilla, 2010.08.05, 02:12:19

Previous topic - Next topic

ModZilla

this is a Pro release on CD. It reads:
top to bottom...

PARTNER WORLD
IBM Release 2 Volume 4
Disc P12
September 2000

Professional
...IBM Developer ...toolbox...
POWER your solutions
OS/2 Warp Version 4

CV6YWNA

this disk ships with: 'wireless solutions tools CD Disc P57 April 2001
these are hot off of the multi-layered IBM Show BookShelf under glass that is...
$40 -two disks sold as is in caddys
S&H is $4 inc. ins. using media mail - USPS only

as of this writing-Aug 18-2010
I added two more Pro DEV Series CDs I purchased on ebay way back before
Fleabay became the number one AMAZON clone...Post Capitalist retail hell Portal...
in addition to the aforementioned disks P12 & P57 these are:

disk P48 Internet tools for OS/2 and...
disk P58 Java, XML and wireless solutions tools

BTW these are additional releases not copies of the IBM DeveloperToolbox series
(formerly IBM Developer Connection Devtool releases for Warpers); all four disks will be shipped in one jewelbox containing the four CDs listed here. One more note: the Warp 4 release on CD has no index file.
Most releases in this series back then had NO autoplay so you load the CD in your
tray -manually open the drive and click on the index.htm file to open it so as to read
about the release....presumably these all came to the DEV user as a subscription service.
How many of these released=anyone's guess! -the PRO DEV site at IBM went
belly up on Dec 31, 2006 [as did Warp 4.51 support], leaving us all in the lurch...
however, there is still yet another Dev site at IBM I belong to just for the fun of it -
you could join in at their website, [link coming when I find it!!!] - register there just
for the cause? -also there is Hobbes for stuff like blue CAD whatever. 
So, the upshot is you can get four PRO DEV Apps; Issues: P12, P48, P57, P58 hey I will even thow in a sealed
C++ for OS/2 should you ask[see post script of previous ad for same on this market-
place*

...avoir

*VAC++ I have for sale may not work for OS2 Warp 4, or Warp 4 Server, unless
you have certain fixpaks installed on your OS. The last post on this comes from
the readme file inside the WARP4 CD support pkg...

the link provided in that file...

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/ps/products/visualagecpp/fixes/v30os2/english-us/warp4/
readme.txt is more current than the readme file on the Warp4 CD and presumably
you can have all the fixpaks required or (later ones even, than what is listed in the
above linked file from IBM...surprised to see that the date on this folder was 11+25+06
- well after support ended, officially that is, now since I provided this info, if you want
to use the VAC++ for OS2 Warp 4 [both are for sale here-now]; pls' take the time to
make sure that you have to fixpaks loaded...readme fill refered to here is dated 8+30+96.
Some customer support eh??? Anywho its good to know bigblue is still on the schtick! :-*

just dbl click on the image below to enlarge...thanks! MZ

someday os2 will be ruled by the young and famous-at least in the open-source world!