• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

FFMPEGCA version 0.9.3

Started by CDRWSel, 2010.08.06, 19:04:46

Previous topic - Next topic

CDRWSel

CDRWSel

A few information about ffmpegca enhancement I'm working on for next build...

• Add "Join" option for audio and video...
  • Add Direct audio conversion from CD-Audio using cdda2wav (this one allow free cddb)
  • Add enhancement to video chapter/notes function

CDRWSel

Current progress...

• Add Direct audio conversion from CD-Audio using cdda2wav (this one allow free cddb)   (Done)

If some of you are interested into a build with this extra function, please add comments here and I'll add next  enhancement to do into a higher build level.   

Cheers/2
Remy

holgos2

Hi there,
I really am interested in testing a version with the ability to directly convert form audio-cd
Is there a download available already ?

Holger

CDRWSel

Hi holger !

Go to my web page and copy current link for FFMPEGCA 0.9.3 dowload.
use the copied link and change FFMPEGCA_S-0_9_3.wpi to FFMPEGCA_S-0_9_4_test.wpi

If you have more than one CD-ROM drive, you can insert a CD into both drive and add selected track from both CD into an existing "process list" mixing CDAudio and other audio format tracks as input.
You have to click on "Add files" and select CD_ROM drive with an already inserted CD (CD must be left in until end of conversion process).

Note: Each added CDAudio track is identified as CD(X:) type into the process list with X = CD_ROM drive letter source

Thanks testing this part and give feedback
Cheers/2
Remy  

holgos2

Hi there,

strange things are happening: yesterday I downloaded and installed according to your instructions
and did a first quick test, converting a complete cd to mp3.
everything worked or seemed to work.
I wanted to continue today but no matter what I try I always get an error reading:
    24 +++       Call STREAM wfile, 'c', 'close';
REX0040: Error 40 running C:\PROGRAMS\FFMPEGCA\FFRUNCA.EXE, line 24: Incorrect call to routine
As I didn't change anything this seems quite strange

Holger

CDRWSel

Strange...
Is it resolved with a reboot ?

I'll check if the pipe could have an incidence 

cheers/2
Remy

CDRWSel

Hi Holger!

May be it was a file handler problem with pipe.
I change some part of codes. I did several tests (about 250) and it was ok but not all condition where tested yet.

To give it a try, download refreshed 0_9_4_test.wpi file
note: One more step done into this build.

For those using it, please provide feedbacks which is the only way to improve its development
Use the given link into ffmpegca
Thanks

Cheers/2
Remy

holgos2

Hi Remy,

sorry for letting you wait, but I was quite busy the last two days.
I will download the new version and give it a try.
I really don' t know what went wrong the las time as I even deinstalled the whole package
and reinstalled again, but even then I received the same error-message.
But as mentioned before, I hope I will be able to do some testing today.

Greetings

Holger

CDRWSel

Hello Holger,

Could you do some tests with this build ?
Cheers/2
Remy

holgos2

Hi, sorry to let you wait
I was just testing  right now:
I concentrated on the conversion of tracks directly from CD
and I really was delighted, everything works real smooth.
I tried all kind of conversions (preset) and some with my own settings
and the results were perfect.
Reading from CDDB works fine too
So, a big thank you to you
(I have a machine with two CD-Rom drives, so I will do some testing adding files from both drives too)

Greetings

Holger

CDRWSel

Hi holger,

Thanks for the feedback. Your next test should be ok too.
I can now continue working on it...
I may add some verifications I could see and check if last part of code to add may take a lot of time or not and I'll decide about a new release at this time.

Cheers/2
Remy   

CDRWSel

final FFMPEGCA  V0.9.4 build online
(note: the join function needs more code and development as expected. I'll put it in into next build)  

melf

This compact program has about everything!

Converting video and audio in an easy way, with both standard profiles and own settings. Ripping audio CD:s and DVD-movies and easily make subtitles to your clips. Moreover you can make chapters in movies, add notes and make both internal and hyperlink referrals in these notes - cool if you want to make some presentation. Furthermore these chapters can be categorised, that is you can chose parts for different videos and categorise them, lets say under "special memories" and then replay just these. FFMPEGCA chooses the right file and goes to the right time on that videoclip. If you want you can have an overview of what you've made in a html-file with (optional) thumbnails to each chapter.

For researchers doing qualitative video analysis, this is gold. You can code and comment as many parts you want of a video clip and the categorise those clips in themes. Many programs out there intended to do that are very limited with choice of file format. Here you can choose just about any video-file and easily add subtitles if needed for a presentation where collegues don't understand the language in the video.

Remy have made/ are making a program packed with features!

/Mikael

CDRWSel

Hi!

I just updated v0.9.4 (which now identifies as v0.9.4k)
- added a fix correcting audio bitrate for output format with ogg audio stream
- added a message due ffmpeg "vorbis" doesn't support single audio channel yet

Cheers/2
Remy