• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Web page not loading

Started by Raiko, 2010.08.26, 16:55:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Raiko

Not sure how/if this is related to my post "file transfer stops", but now some web pages will not load.
Have verified that those web sites are up and running. Ideas anyone?

ivan

Hi Raiko,

Examples please so we can get some idea of what the sites are running otherwise it's like telling the garage 'the engine sometimes stops' and expecting them to give the answer why without looking.

ivan

Raiko

Well, with the phrase; have verified that those web sites are up and running, I meant to say that I have connected to the site from another pc, also running eCS and Seamonkey, but with another internet connection and it works fine.
Pls try www.superdekk.no and I think it will load as expected.
After my first post, I tried to load that web page on another pc using the Cisco SDSL and it has the same problems.
Since I also have trouble with file transfers after I got this new Cisco hardware I believe the problem is a configuration issue with the router. I have reported this to those who set it up and they are working on it. So far they haven't found anything wrong, but at least I think that this excludes the pc's/software from being the source of the problems.
Also, everything was working fine with ADSL before it was changed to this SDSL connection.

ivan

Hi Raiko,

I've tried the site you posted and it works - even the flash heading - without problems.

The extra information you have given does indeed point to the new router being the problem no matter what the 'experts' say.

RobertM

Hi Raiko,

I have seen this problem related to various issues (this is in no way the only things that can cause it):
- The NOC (generally, the local telephone company, regardless of who the SDSL is being purchased from) has improperly set up the circuit(s)
-- This is the most difficult one (in my experience with Verizon and their sister companies) to get resolved, because they generally dont seem to care about circuits they provide for resellers as much as they do their own.

- If your SDSL goes through an SDSL unit (external to the Cisco), there is a problem with it's configuration, or one of it's cards is bad.
-- Sometimes this means incoming traffic isn't being routed properly because of the incorrect settings.

- With bonded channels, the configuration is incorrect. That is usually in the SDSL device itself

- The Cisco is misconfigured and not properly routing

- One of the lines delivering the SDSL is bad or experiencing issues (noise, low signal strength, etc) - that too is a TelCo issue.

Usually, it's been the TelCo's fault. Usually, if the ISP has reconfigured the router and tested configurations multiple times, it is the TelCo's  fault. Usually, that's been a nightmare (for me) to get resolved. Eventually, they would show up, verify it's something on their end, and fix it.

Best of luck to you.
Rob

|
|
Kirk's 5 Year Mission Continues at:
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|

Raiko

Hi Bob,
Almost got a heart attack when I read your comments about what could cause the problems.
I did bring your thoughts to the attention of the technicians and the problem is now solved.
Dont know for sure exactly where the problem was, but it was a MTU setting on either the Cisco
or a "Patton-box" (for using IP telephony). Based on a reply in one of my other posts, I did mention MTU to the technicians, so we did some tests on the pc's but it did not help.
At least it is nice to know that there was nothing wrong with our network/pc's.
Thanks to all for your input.