• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Installing eCS 2.0 - ACHI

Started by miturbide, 2010.08.29, 17:55:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Andi710

Quote from: RobertM on 2011.04.06, 07:34:37
Interestingly enough, I am working on installing Windows 7 x64 on an Asus KGPE-D16,
Anyway, eCS v2 installed on the machine (figured I'd run a test), but though it recognized the CPUs (dual 8 core CPUs), enabling ACPI causes eCS to crash early in the boot process. Didn't have time to play with the config...

Hi Robert,
Please keep us posted on your success - I am interested in replacing my aging dual Opteron 244 system with one based on a ASUS KCMA-D8, AMD SR5650 (dual Sockel-C32, dual PC3-10667R reg ECC DDR3). Would be nice to know if ACPI.PSD or OS2APIC.PSD can handle dual multicore Opterons. The old workstation I run with OS2APIC.PSD. ACPI.PSD fails in SMP mode.

RobertM

Quote from: Andi710 on 2011.04.06, 12:34:51
Quote from: RobertM on 2011.04.06, 07:34:37
Interestingly enough, I am working on installing Windows 7 x64 on an Asus KGPE-D16,
Anyway, eCS v2 installed on the machine (figured I'd run a test), but though it recognized the CPUs (dual 8 core CPUs), enabling ACPI causes eCS to crash early in the boot process. Didn't have time to play with the config...

Hi Robert,
Please keep us posted on your success - I am interested in replacing my aging dual Opteron 244 system with one based on a ASUS KCMA-D8, AMD SR5650 (dual Sockel-C32, dual PC3-10667R reg ECC DDR3). Would be nice to know if ACPI.PSD or OS2APIC.PSD can handle dual multicore Opterons. The old workstation I run with OS2APIC.PSD. ACPI.PSD fails in SMP mode.

Sadly, the machine is on it's way to a customer, so I cannot do any more testing. The chipset on it is the same as the one I tested, so, theoretically, it will install with no issues, and it will boot with no issues... but ACPI/SMP support (without locking up)? Dunno. Coulda just been a few config tweaks or something.

I *WILL* be testing eCS v2 on one of our IBM eServer xSeries 440's soon to see if I can get the other CPUs recognized. Will keep you all posted on that. I have to configure one of the SMP backplanes first, and then try the install.

|
|
Kirk's 5 Year Mission Continues at:
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|