• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

UniAUD w/ VIA 1616

Started by Robert Deed, 2010.09.20, 03:15:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert Deed

I am running an epia-m mitx and everything is actually quite good on it.  It runs quick enough (for a 1ghz), onboard video works better then in xp (I can run at 1920x1200 with snap when windows can only run 4:3 resolutions.. of course needed to change a bios setting to make this work).  However I am having trouble with sound.  It is detecting the soundcard and OS/2 believes it is functional (does not make an error beep if I trigger a system event which makes sound), however the speaker output has no output.  The line-out works but not as a line out..  it works as a speaker output with a very low gain (but much higher then line out should be).  Can anyone help me out with this?  I have tried the drivers which came with ECS 2.0, as well as the two versions on svn.netlabs.org.

rwklein

I hope you have opened up a ticket on track and documented on the website.

SInce we don't like to have bugreports. But if something is not working we rather hear then that is remains silent.
But what I typed many types post bugs in the places its documented.

Roderick Klein
Mensys

rwklein

What I meant report any bugs in Trak at http://svn.netlabs.org/uniaud
That can further in prove the UNIAUD driver.

Roderick

warpcafe

Ehh... no. What he actually meant is "Trac" :-P
Sorry for being the smartass... muhaha ;)
"It is not worth an intelligent man's time to be in the majority.
By definition, there are already enough people to do that"
- G.H. Hardy

Robert Deed

Quote from: rwklein on 2010.09.20, 13:43:05
I hope you have opened up a ticket on track and documented on the website.

SInce we don't like to have bugreports. But if something is not working we rather hear then that is remains silent.
But what I typed many types post bugs in the places its documented.

Roderick Klein
Mensys

I was hoping there was a work around and someone knew it.  I remembered with older Uniaud and VIA AC97 sound I just had to edit mmos2.ini and up the gain :)   Of course I tried this, and it is a no go.

ivan

Just a WAG - have you opened the mixer and checked if the channels are on and not muted?

ivan

Robert Deed

Quote from: ivan on 2010.09.20, 22:32:18
Just a WAG - have you opened the mixer and checked if the channels are on and not muted?

ivan

Yup.

Pete

Hi Robert

Is the mainboard running the latest BIOS? - just wondering if updating the BIOS may help.

Regards

Pete

Robert Deed

Quote from: Pete on 2010.09.21, 16:17:56
Hi Robert

Is the mainboard running the latest BIOS? - just wondering if updating the BIOS may help.

Regards

Pete

Running the latest bios.  Overall a very good board to run an eCS machine on.  All integrated devices are supported assuming we can get some sound out of it.  Seems like the outputs are just being incorrectly assigned.  The one caveat is there is no overlay support in the CLE266 snap drivers.  I wish snap was open sourced because that is something I would love to work on since it is the main thing keeping this system from being a great multimedia center (as far as multimedia is concerned with OS/2 :)

David McKenna

There is a newer unimix and uniaud.dll at hobbes.nmsu.edu/incoming/uniapi.zip (newer than what is in eCS 2.0 GA). Might be worth a try to see if you can jog some sound loose...