• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

WWAN/UMTS/HSPA with Lenovo X200T

Started by Sigurd, 2010.09.28, 08:48:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Sigurd

Hi,

FYI:

I think it is better to start a new topic, following this one here: http://www.os2world.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,63/topic,1737.30/

Got a Lenovo X200T with an inbuild Sony Ericcson F3507G 3G Modem. Try to get this to work. Did modify usb_modeswitch.conf with the parameters of the card: vendor: 0DBD and product ID 1900. Got a first result here. Have to check exactly what it means, I think it recognizes the card = good , but somehow stops.

Will give the usbecd driver of Wim Brul a try later this day, will receive a needed SIM card for this today as well so that I can try to get access to the net via Injoy and the very good howto presented for this by Ed Durrant.

I will keep you informed.

Any hints - as allways  ::)  - really welcome and appreciated!

Sigurd

Got the tip from elswere ;-)  to deactivate the PIN control. Will test it later once the new SIM card arrives.

Robert Deed

Quote from: Sigurd on 2010.09.28, 08:48:26
Hi,

FYI:

I think it is better to start a new topic, following this one here: http://www.os2world.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,63/topic,1737.30/

Got a Lenovo X200T with an inbuild Sony Ericcson F3507G 3G Modem. Try to get this to work. Did modify usb_modeswitch.conf with the parameters of the card: vendor: 0DBD and product ID 1900. Got a first result here. Have to check exactly what it means, I think it recognizes the card = good , but somehow stops.

Will give the usbecd driver of Wim Brul a try later this day, will receive a needed SIM card for this today as well so that I can try to get access to the net via Injoy and the very good howto presented for this by Ed Durrant.

I will keep you informed.

Any hints - as allways  ::)  - really welcome and appreciated!

Hope you have better luck then I do with Lenovo built-in devices.  It seems that Lenovo enjoys modifying devices so that they only work right with their own drivers or something.  I have a lan card in my T500 which will not work in OSX or eCS even though the drivers exist and are tested with other manufacturers laptops with the same device.  Same results to, device is seen, driver loads without issue, device is unresponsive.  Sorry I wasn't helping you out, it is possible the pin is being the stopping point.  Good Luck!

Sigurd

Hm, got the SIM card today works fine with Windows 7 to justify that it works OK.

Deactivated the PIN.

But still the same error message if I use the USB/Com switch (see picture in first post)

If I try to use Injoy it first dials, says "CONNECT" and then stops and hangs up. Please do see picture.

Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance!

ivan

Hi Sigurd,

Do a search of topics because there was a thread where I introduced the use of usb-modeswitch to allow the use of a G3 dongle. 

The usual problems happen at the time of switch over but I can't help more than that as I don't have a G3 dongle to try anything out.

ivan

Sigurd

Hi Ivan,

I guess you mean this one http://www.os2world.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,63/topic,1737.msg16995/topicseen,1/#new from that I switched to my thread.

I also guess that I might have an interupt IRQ problem or even if USB_MODESWITCH says it is there it might be that the COM Port itself is not initialized in the right way, did not have the time to figure it out though.

I thought there may be someone around who is experienced in Injoy/Modemsoftware.

Thank you very much.

Sigurd

Hi,

thanks to Wim Brul I found at ThinkWIki AT commands for the WWAN card, at least I am able to "speak to it" now :-)  (see picture) . Seems USB_Modeswitch may not be necessary....

Wim Brul managed to get the Stylus on x61tablet to work as well, please look at his homepage. The Drivers does work not only with ecomstation but also with Warp 4!

Help is allways appreciated, maybe there is someone around with a X31Tablet or an x41Tablet - please contact Wim! Same if there is someone around with Touch/Multitouch PC/Laptop.

Cheers

ivan

Hi Sigurd,

Sorry to give you a bad direction - that will teach me to read more carefully in the future. 

As this device is inbuilt and not a USB dongle then I don't think you need the usb modeswitch.  I would use ZOC to communicate with the card because that has a lot more logging and diagnostic output available.  The fact you now have a list of AT commands should mean you can ask it what it wants to talk to the world, that is unless it has a truncated command set.  The commands you will most probably need are usually in the extended command set and many are for just that type of modem (those prefixed wit & or % or \).

Again sorry if this is not specific but I don't have the list for your modem.

ivan

Sigurd

@ ivan - no problem at all! Even it is an internal device it is connected via USB.

Here is what I did with Injoy so far:

I named it: Pro 7 UMTS
At PPP Setup I only changed one thing, the IP Adresse of event.vodafone.de ,it is 139.007.030.125 at Nameserver adress. own IP Adresse ist 0.0.0.0.

At comsetup I did:
Port setup = com 5 (in config.sys included as: DEVICE=O:\OS2\BOOT\USBCOM.SYS /N:COM5 /M:1 /I:32 /O:32 /V )
Portspeed 345600

phone number: +99#
Init string 1: AT&F
Init string 2:
Dialing prefix: ATDT

Everything else I left as it is

Once I started Injoy I do:

AT+CFUN=6

Then start via DIAL my Pro 7 UMTS

Then I get the following messages:
(I skip the time stamps)

RX: CONFIG_REQ
OPTION-> LCPOPTION_AUTOPRT, METHOD [CHAP]
Authentication method: Standard CHAP
OPTION -> LCPOPTION_ADRESSCOMP
OPTION -> LCPOPTION_PROTCOMP
OPTION -> LCPOPTION_ACCM -> ACCM

• OPTION -> LCPOPTION_MAGICNUMBER
    TX: LCP PACKET, id = 2, code = 2
    RX: LCP PACKET - id = 50
    RX: CONFIG_ACK
    Setting ESCAPE ACCM table to accm

• *** LCP LAYER OPENED SUCCESSFULLY ***
    RX: CHAP PACKET (INCL. CHAP-HEADER)
    Incoming CHAP-CHALLENGE
    Authenticating via CHAP - MD5 Message Digest
    TX: CHAP RESPONSE
    RX: CHAP PACKET (INCL. CHAP-HEADER)
    CHAP: Authentication succeeded
    CHAP: Logged on succesfully
    IPCP: Initiating - Sending CONFIG_REQ
    TX: IPCP_CONFIG-REQ, INCL HEADER
    RX: IPCD PACKET INCLUDING IPCP-HEADER
    RX: CONFIG_REQ
    TX: IPCP PACKET, INCL. HEADER
    RX: IPCP PACKET INCLUDING IPCP-HEADER
    RX: CONFIG_NAK
    IPCP: OPTION NAK/REJ-> IP ADDRESS
    RX: IPCP PACKET INCLUDING IPCP-HEADER
    RX: CONFIG_ACK
    *** IPCP LAYER OPENED SUCCESFULLY ***
    0.0.0.0 not allowed as IP address - Disconnect
    TX: TERMINATE REQ
    Connection log entry generated
    DISCONNECT: Received Invalid IP address

Hope this is of some information and my initialize some clue by someone!

Hint: If I change own IP from 0.0.0.0 to i.e. 192.168.2.190 the Dialing phrase stops even earlier!

ivan

Hi Sigurd,

An observation, why do you use own IP address as 0.0.0.0?  A more logical address would be 255.255.255.255 meaning match everything.

Your setup of the modem appears to be OK - at least you are talking to it and it is replying.  It only drops out when it can't find where to connect to - the terminate message you get that ends the session.

Your system will have to have a fixed IP address - no DHCP via G3 - but exactly what range youwould have to use I don't know, hence my 255.255.255.255.  This is where a windows system would be an advantage because you could find out what it is looking for from that and then use it in your eCS system.  I wish the manufacturers would give the technical information for their products so we could know what they should do.

A thought - is there a setup CD with a config file for the card?  That might give the information you need.

ivan

Sigurd

Hi,

guess what: I am able to establish a connection!!! Solution was quite simple in the end, still have to figure some things out to let Firefox use the connection, but I am on TRACK - ON LINE!!

See picture:

Solution was: with "invalid IP" - that was not my "OWN IP" it was the "DESTINATION IP" I had to write into Injoy, the IP of Vodafone in my case.

Will make a short movie once it runs as fluent as it ought to!

Isn't that great, isn't it??? Thanks for all the help, some more may be needed though :-)

Stay tuned for more!

herwigb

Sigurd,

I am watching your attempts as an interested spectator.

Looks like as soon as you will have DNS and routing tables setup, you will be through.

Great work!
Kind regards,
HerwigB.

Sigurd

Hi Herwig,

thanks! Can you give me a helping hand as I do not know how to do this at all? Where do I have to set this tables up?

As for now if I establish a connection the Firefox gives an error message and I do not know how handle this (see picture)

I still have LAN and WLAN as well, with WLAN I can connect, unfortunaltely the "switching" between LAN and WLAN does not work any more, I do not know why. Does this influence WWAN, so like to say I do have to switch something in my "network connection" to switch over to WWAN?

Sorry for this, but I am not skilled in this.

And thanks for advice!

warpcafe

Hi Sigurd,

I am a bit puzzled... for me it looks like Firefox wants to display a warning message... but there is an error with the xml which defines the warning message content. Any chance to use a different browser? Did you try checking the connection with anything else than a browser - like telnet, ftp, etc.?

Regards,
Thomas
"It is not worth an intelligent man's time to be in the majority.
By definition, there are already enough people to do that"
- G.H. Hardy

Sigurd

Hi Thomas,

further investigations and some help lead me to the idea to have to change something with ifconfig. Unfortunately I have the "terminate" back and a "full crash" sometimes when starting my "Pro 7 UMTS" script in Injoy - but I do not know what I did change.... As it still works in Windows 7 it is not a hardware problem, can switch the modem with AT+CFUN=6 as usual. One has already given me a tailored ifconfig that I will test once I solved the "crash" problem. Since I do know that it worked for at least two days I guess I will can get steam back again ;-)

I tried to PING some adresses, that did not work either.

And I remembered to have nearly the same problems some years ago (where have those gone... ;-)  ) with LAN and WLAN - switching between them.

I will keep reporting once I can establish a connection again.

Cheers and Danke!