Author Topic: Ports  (Read 4962 times)

josch

• View Profile
Re: Ports
« Reply #15 on: 2010.10.12, 16:33:25 »
Normal behaviour of Dosbox is to use the dosbox.conf in the same directory as dosbox.exe.
But you can change the config file with '-config'.

Bye Jochen

PS: There are information about Dosbox at http://dosbox.com/wiki/Main_Page

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010.10.12, 17:24:23 »
Hi Ivan

Modify the dosbox.conf to suit the app you want to run then save the modified file as theapp.conf (change theapp to whatever name suits you). Then create a program object to start the app with the necessary Program Properties. This example runs Quake on my system:-

Path and file name: J:\PROGRAMS\DOSBOX\DOSBOX.EXE
Parameters: -fullscreen -conf quake.conf
Working directory: J:\PROGRAMS\DOSBOX

Regards

Pete

ivan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010.10.12, 18:11:36 »
Thanks again Jochen and Pete,

I've been to the dosbox wiki and saved the pages for later study - like 2 am when I have a little time to myself.

It would appear that I should be able to set the size of the screen shown with this version - the inability to do that made me stop using the old version and try some of the java structural analysis programs but I found they weren't as good as the old dos ones.  So now I have a little more learning to do - retirement, ha!

ivan

demetrioussharpe

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2011.01.04, 01:30:12 »
Hello, I'm Dee from GL/2. For all of the gamers who may have a bit of technical knowledge, I'd like to post a query. Which is more important to you personally, high precision rendering or sacrificing precision for render speed? To reply, please post your answer at:

http://www.os2world.com/forum/index.php/topic,1940.0.html
The difference between what COULD be achieved & what IS achieved
is directly relational to what you COULD be doing & what you ARE doing!