• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

OpenOffice 3.2 - will it work better than OO3.1.1 ?

Started by Pete, 2010.10.28, 17:25:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete

Hi Melf

You may be right that "Start sharing at workstation startup" is always chosen - it just does not make sense for a resource that is not shared. Also Unchecking that setting for a non- shared resource should not cause a share to be created for that resource.

As for an addon that could interfere with OO: You tell me because I have no idea.

Regards

Pete

ivan

Reading this topic I think that OO for OS/2 is suffering from lack of beta testers and number of systems it is tested on.

I can see reasons for this from a monetary point of view but that can, and usually will, be self defeating - who wants to buy an untested product?

ivan

Pete

Hi Rob

Having given my brief overview of how cups works maybe you'd like a more in depth look. Alex Taylor has produced an FAQ which may be of interest and can be found here http://svn.netlabs.org/ecups/wiki/CupsFaq?version=6

Regards

Pete

melf

Quote from: Pete on 2010.11.15, 19:01:24
Hi Melf

You may be right that "Start sharing at workstation startup" is always chosen - it just does not make sense for a resource that is not shared. Also Unchecking that setting for a non- shared resource should not cause a share to be created for that resource.

As for an addon that could interfere with OO: You tell me because I have no idea.

Regards

Pete

Well, I think the interface is somewhat unintuitive. I guess your resource didn't go "active" when you unchecked, but rather when you pressed "save" - right? Pressing "Save" seems to be same as setting a resource active (AFAIK this has always been the case- someone better knowing please correct me). Then if the "Start sharing at workstation startup" is checked or unchecked doesn't matter. If it is unchecked you have to share the resource manually next time, if checked this is automatic.

Add ons: My thought was that you may have some OO add-on (there are myriads) that cause you trouble. I 've heard that eg Zotero can make OO crasch but Zotero just work for win and linux I think. However, if Zotero can probably other add-on may interfere too.
/Mikael

Pete

Hi melf

Yes, the resource becomes Active after clicking Save. Trouble is you need to click Save after unchecking "Start sharing at workstation startup" of the setting does not stick.

With regard to OO addons: No, none installed; this is as installed from eCS2.0GA CD#3.

Regards

Pete