• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

FFMPEGCA v0.9.7 and (v1.0.0 for test with Dave's ffmpeg build)

Started by CDRWSel, 2010.11.01, 17:27:55

Previous topic - Next topic

CDRWSel

Some progress and I could run a modified Dave's ffmpeg build

I refreshed the v1.0.0 test build on my site (same link as above)
I have a default video option -async 3 for audio synchronous. May be some user would like use a different default.

Run one time ffmpegca --async x (with x = numerical value > 0) and it will update ini file with the new specified default value. (e.g. --async 3 will do an audio syncro every 3s)       

Cheers
Remy

CDRWSel

New V1.0.0 released and available for download using main site link.
** a few more changes against test build **

Cheers
Remy

CDRWSel

Tips...

For slideshow creation, have a look under "Diaporama" doc section
Create each picture with the same size and order them as described. set the frame rate to display each picture the needed time

Always have an audio file with the full slidshow time when using this "diaporama" function while the full time is audio file dependant. If no sound is expected, create an audio file for the amount of time and set the volume to the lowest value. this should do the tric

Cheers
Remy

CDRWSel

High,

following an end-user comment, I moved docs into a "doc" directory under ffmpegca and added a direct link to this folder from under ffmpegca "Help" entry 

Changed ffmpegca from v1.0.0 to v1.0.1   (minor update)

Cheers
Remy

rudi

You might want to consider changing the install target of your WPI from:

"?:\programs\FFMPEGCA"

to

"$(WARPIN_DEFAULTAPPSPATH)\FFMPEGCA"

CDRWSel

Hi rudy,

Thanks, will check this this evening and may update package.

cheers
Remy

CDRWSel

ivan

Hi Remy,

What you have just done proves that warpin is easier to manipulate that RPM/YUM and it works!

Thanks

ivan

onlineuser2

Hi Remy,

at release 1.0.0 why not change the name of this great app? Isn't  something different and more than a simple gui to ffmp? a name easy to be pronounced and possibly pointing to its functions.

that's only my opinion

Thanks

onlineuser2

CDRWSel

Well, it always does some kind of conversion whatelse you do ( CA = Convert All )

These conversion includes:
- create video out of audio files
- create slideshows
- cut/join audio or video medias
- Create video presention of mixed videos with a text part for studies or other kind of student or thatcher need and make a html readable doc with video chapter thumbnail
And much more...

Because some parts require use of external player and this one is welcome to check video contain before working with it, it was added the possibility to play audio/video from the process list or before importing the file from the internal filemanager for easy use as well the import PM123 list for quick conversion...

Sure, it has now all function I planned to implement and this starting with v1.0.0
Next, I'll check suggestions and comments and may be correct some new bugs...    

May be something like "FFMPEGCA Media Process/Creation Tool" instead of "GUI" only. Well It sound nice for me but what do you think about ?      

Cheers
Remy