• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Problems with VLC 1.1.5 - Noise over MP3

Started by miturbide, 2010.12.25, 00:17:40

Previous topic - Next topic

miturbide

Hi

I'm having a problem with the VLC port 1.1.5 available at hobbes.
I'm using eCS 2.0 and Uniaud 2.1.1  (Alsa 1.0.23) (recognized as HDA Intel - Mixer Realtek ALC888)
I had included the lib directory on the libpath as the install instructions says.

When I run the application the GUI shows, and I open a MP3 file. The MP3 start sounding very bad with a noise over it. I had tried the same MP3 with WarpVision and works fine.

The WAV files does not sound at all with VLC.

Any idea of what I'm missing?

thanks
martin
Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Open Source Advocate

Skype - martiniturbide
Google Talk - martiniturbide@gmail.com

Pete

Hi Martin

What audio output settings are you using in vlc? - I find "K Audio Interface audio output" with Device: "DART" works best here.

Regards

Pete

miturbide

Thanks for the pointer

It was on Default. I change it to "Simple DirectMedia Layer audio output" and started to play MP3 without that noise.

The K Audio Interface for Uniaud and DART is giving me also noise. Possible I'm missing something.

Thanks

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Open Source Advocate

Skype - martiniturbide
Google Talk - martiniturbide@gmail.com

Pete

Hi Martin

What we are all missing is a good working implementation of uniaud.

It may be worth trying earlier builds of uniaud to see if they work better - on my nForce430/MCP61 system the best uniaud to date is the uniaud16.sys from uniaud114rc6 with uniaud32.sys from uniaud32-1.9.2.zip.

Yes, I have tried the recent uniaud builds and found them lacking. A simple test is how fast does the Klondike Solitaire game deal cards: recent builds cause this game to deal cards very slowly indicating some sort of problem with these builds.

Regards

Pete