• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

FFMPEGCA Media Processing/Creation Tool

Started by CDRWSel, 2011.01.12, 00:56:29

Previous topic - Next topic

CDRWSel

Well, what do you think renaming my FFMPEGCA GUI to "FFMPEGCA Media Processing/Creation Tool" ?

Please make suggestions ...

Current build : V1.0.1
Link to the FFMPEGCA PDF file added on my web site (lucide or adobe)

Cheers
Remy    

IBManners

QuoteWell, what do you think renaming my FFMPEGCA GUI to "FFMPEGCA Media Processing/Creation Tool" ?

It is a bit more descriptive than 'FFMPEGCA GUI', so I'd go with anything thats more descriptive !

Cheers

I am the computer, it is me.

CDRWSel

Lets try :
"FFMPEGCA - Conversion and Audio Editings Video"

Et could be HAVMCT !
"High Audio Video Manipulation and Conversion Tool"

May be you can open a vote for the best name describing all nice options

Cheers

RobertM

We can add a poll, perhaps after a few more suggestions?

|
|
Kirk's 5 Year Mission Continues at:
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|

abwillis

If we are looking for descriptive names...
We could call it "Killer App" as it is a remarkable application.

CDRWSel

;) thanks

I found a better name. I'm doing some (c) verification before writting it here for your coments
but, it should contain "conversion and authoring"...

Cheers
Remy 

CDRWSel

Here it is:

AVXCAT  for  Audio Video eXtended Conversion and Authoring Tool   (c)

Do not think it could have something to do with a "cat"   ;D

Do you like it ?
I'm preparing docs and FFMPEGCA to switch name...

Cheers
Remy

Ben

How about "AV Tool/2"
or
                "MM Tool/2"
or
                "MMM"  as in Multi Media Manipulator
or
                "Show & Tell Tool"
or
                "Sound & Vision Master"
or
                "Cut & Convert/2"
or
                 "AV Director/2"
or
                "I'll Call It Whatever The Fook I Want To Call It Because I Created This Gaddam Audio & Video Manipulator/2"

Just a few suggestions for you to work upon... in case you haven't settled yet.
8)

CDRWSel

Thanks Ben for your suggestion...

I checked under internet for any name problems
suggestion 1, 2, 5,6 and 7 names already exist or very similar...
I'm checking other proposition...

CDRWSel

3/ MMM    (I didn't find it nice)
4/ Tell !     

Under the tool, I could use long name axcept one major field of the programs where it limits the size to a maximum 8 characters.

It looks like I'm back on AVXCAT
(I found it very easy to remember and starting with A, it will be at top of ordered tools list) 

Ben

AVXCAT is a bit cryptic and tends to look a little be like a cached file name auto-generated by a program... whereas this thread implies a leaning towards something more user-friendly. However, I'm not unaware of the fact that most of the good names have been taken.

My personal favourite so far, is my last offer, (less the joke part), of "Audio Video Manipulator/2", which is self-defining.

If , (and that's a big "if"   :D ),  you want a few more options, I'll run another list when I get a moment.

CDRWSel

"Audio Video Manipulator/2" is very descriptive but it exceeds 8 character length...
Once contracted, it does AVM/2
It is like Audio Video eXtended Conversion and Euthoring Tool (very descritive) and after contraction it does : AVXCAT (this is how I created this name)

I've got a few email about AVXCAT with comments : "Seems not bad"
I asked around me and specially to women which find it nice. Use of duplicate characters into the name like "MM" was not well "seen" and one told me it is not as easy to pronounce...

Well, at this time, I only have one negative post about the name here. I would be interested with more comments from other users too and one important point is easy to remember. Thanks

Cheers
Remy      

Ben

From your reply It seems like you have found your name.  :D

However, just FYI, "MMM" is pronounced as it is spelled... like something that tastes delicious! Like "hot chocolate and Drambuie" on a cold night after a meal of garlic-buttered, shrimp surrounded by a circlet of browned rice and finished off with a slab of Black Forest cake, drenched in an almond-rum sauce with a pretty and shapely, well-dressed, lady, (with long hair and lovely lashes), who simply cannot stop smiling at you!  MMMmmmmm!
  :D

CDRWSel