• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

OS/2 Preloaded On IBM Personal Computer Hardware

Started by PAUL555, 2011.02.07, 17:27:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben

Quote from: DougB on 2011.02.10, 22:54:48
QuoteYou watch way too much TV Doug

As a matter of fact, about all that I watch on TV, is the evening news. True, that can be detrimental to mental health.

I am not going to argue with you any more. If you wish to believe the crap that you have been spouting, go ahead. I know better. I was flat out told that the IBM PC was only a "toy" by one of IBM's upper management, in about 1983 (long after the obvious potential was apparent to those who knew anything at all about them). That attitude has never changed, to this day. Gerstner (who admitted that he knows absolutely NOTHING about computers) killed off the PC division (including DOS, and OS/2), simply because they weren't showing a profit, and it was something that he could do to earn his wages. He knew that IBM would recover, no matter what he did, or didn't do, but he had to do something to show that he did do something, so it was the PC division that was chosen to go under the axe. At the time, he had no idea that large customers would insist that they keep it alive for as long as they did, but the die was cast, and eventually they did manage to pull the plug (long after the company was out of trouble, and Gerstner was gone). Gerstner was not the only director that knew nothing about computers. I doubt if any of the current board really knows much more than how to power on their laptop, and do e-mail. The Watsons were the last of the directors who had any real vision about where IBM was going. Since they were replaced, IBM has turned into a very ordinary company, with little direction from the board of directors, and it has been an uphill battle for anyone in the company to actually accomplish anything, but that is nothing new, it seems to be a problem in almost every publicly owned company on earth. Too bad, because there are a lot of talented people, who could do great things, if those idiots would just get out of the way.

Doug, you either do not read what you write, you do not understand what you are trying to say, or you simply don't care.

Firstly, I'm not arguing with you about anything.

Secondly, I do not care where you get your SPIN, or if you like it through a straw or intravenously.

Thirdly, simply ignoring the points of an "argument" is not enough to nullify their strength. They exist and they hold their own merit... to which you offer no counter.

So if you think that you are in an argument with me and want to take your ball and go home and curl up in the fetal position then go ahead. But don't try to pass your bullshit off as knowledge to me, or in some area where I have input, because I have my limits.

I know what happened and I back up what I have written. If anyone wants to check it, they can easily do it for I have sourced it... as any good researcher will do. Yet, you do not... and rumoured reports of a casual conversation is NOT research.

It is a mere convenience for you to write "arguing" for it implies equality of research. It is a convenience for you to write it all off as "crap" for then you do not have to address it. Why?

Because   you   are    unable   too.

Why?

Because SPIN cannot be backed up. By it's very nature it is deceptive, groundless, and cannot be substantiated. It relies upon gullibility, naivete and laziness to proliferate.

Fourthly, I did not write for you, (as you would know if you had read my replies), nor to you except where specifically mentioned save this particular message; I was writing to those who must suffer through your spoon-fed SPIN.

I do not care what you believe for I do not know you. I just refuse to read regurgitated SPIN passed off as "knowledge" anymore. So I offered the benefits of my research to the OS/2 World community so that they can have an insight into the deeper aspects of it all and aren't limited to the confines of your petty ramblings.

If you don't like what I write, do not read it.

And if you cannot back up what you write then for god-sake have the common sense to not respond to my posts. For your garbled, near-unreadable, replies were never required to begin with.

RobertM

And I have my limits too... so please let's keep the conversation civil, regardless of who agrees with who - or why people don't agree.

So, again, civil please. No personal attacks. No incivility. These forums are not the place for it.

|
|
Kirk's 5 Year Mission Continues at:
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|

Ben

Quote from: RobertM on 2011.02.11, 01:30:37
And I have my limits too... so please let's keep the conversation civil, regardless of who agrees with who - or why people don't agree.

So, again, civil please. No personal attacks. No incivility. These forums are not the place for it.

Robert.

I think that you have been tolerant enough as a moderator.

And I have made my point.

Still, a rare, little, squirt of adrenaline in a community can never hurt.

But I understand your position, so enough said.

RobertM

Much thanks for that Ben. I honestly don't care what you guys (or anyone else) argues about here, as long as we try to keep tempers in check. And I do understand the occasional outburst. And I thank you for understanding when it needed to stop.

Best,
Robert

|
|
Kirk's 5 Year Mission Continues at:
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|