• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

ClamAV GUI version 2.0.0

Started by CDRWSel, 2011.02.09, 09:56:57

Previous topic - Next topic

CDRWSel

http://www.os2world.com/content/view/20544/2/
QuotePosted by Martin Iturbide - Tuesday, 08 February 2011

[a href. .. .

Currently, I'm working on next build and need feedbacks
    * Corrected a wrong "clamdscan" enable option
    * Changed internal scan procedure and timings
    * Added a stop button when allowed (not available when use of ClamDscan without verbose mode)
    * Changed / added a messages from online logs
    * Corrected invalid clamd.conf file used when working with clamdscan (no version displaied)
    * Changed some part of code when using "verbose" with clamdscan
    * With "verbose" on for clamdscan, only message field is updated while adding [ x ]++ will update the scanned list too.

For those interested in testing and report findings of this first test build could get it using following link (remove blanks in the linkname)
  http:// remydodin.levillage.org /outils/ClamAVGUI-2_1_0.wpi

** For test only **

Kind regards,
Remy

CDRWSel

2.0.0 (d) (2011/02/10)

*Warning* latest v2.0.0 was wrongly package - New package created and corrected a WPI issue and added 2.0.0 (d) build (ClamAV 0.96.4.4 WPI corrected too) - both available from my web page

2.1.0 (2011/02/11) corrected a WPI script issue and always under test...
Use previous given link to get updated 2.1.0 (TEST package)

ClamAV 0.96.4.4 in WPI format (out of RPM/YUM) 
http:// remydodin.levillage.org /outils/ Clamav-0_96_4-4.wpi
(remove blanks in the link name)

Cheers
Remy      

CDRWSel

Some news *
- V2.1.0 TEST build refreshed with a new update
  (faster and added stop button except for clamdscan in no verbose mode)     

Kind regards,
Remy   

David McKenna

Hi Remy,

Thanks for continuing to develop ClamAVGUI. I tried the new version 2.1.0 and I like the ability to stop a manually started scan - that works well. Everything else I use seems to work good so far.

One thing I just noticed (hadn't tried it before) - if I try to start ClamDaemon, it fails. Clamd.exe is in the directory /usr/sbin, but ClamAVGUI seems to look for it in /usr/bin and does not find it. This probably only applies to the RPM installed ClamAV.

Regards,

Dave McKenna

CDRWSel

Hi Dave,
thanks for your report.

Hmm ! Yes, this is a wrong setting and I have to correct it while I didn't care that RPM/YUM installs the Clamd (daemon) into a sbin (server bin directory)

I add an update here as soon I've changed it
Cheers
Remy   

CDRWSel

Hi Dave,

I was longer as expected due I found a bug when using Clamdscan which could result into a clamavgui hung.

Now, I change all parts of the buggy code (several numbers of lines...), removed the extra option to log all scanned files into the container (no need) and the process of clamdscan with "verbose on" is now more similar to clamscan.
With the new code, restriction about "verbose" mode with big amount of files is removed and I added following changes

* Corrected path to ClamD when ClamAV was RPM/YUM installed.
    * Exclude list can be used with ClamDscan and verbose enabled

I refreshed the v2.1.0 test build on the same link as before.
This test build identifies as V2.1.0e under about

Kind regards,
Remy

David McKenna

Remy,

Thanks again! Everything is working well now...

Regards,

Dave McKenna

jep

Clamav-0_96_4-4.wpi
Doesn't set the path to the wps object,
Reboot required after install = OK!
Doesn't run out of the box as *nix conf-files has to be copied and edited.

ClamAVGUI-2_1_0.wpi
Contain/write .conf-files on it own! Great work Remy as that make the scanner useful out of the box, right away!

The menu option to send email to the author doesn't work with PMMail as it require parameters to run, such as -cwd X:\Path\to\email\account
"Internet Application Integration" doesn't help with that either, guess we need a SOM class that resemble the url object.

The applications doees a great job, appear to be very well written and responsive all of the time even though one can't use anything wile a scan is in progress.

The features to add ClamAV to config.sys and to list running processes are very neat!
The extra bonus to add problematic programs can come in handy at times as well.

CDRWSel

"The menu option to send email to the author doesn't work with PMMail as it require parameters to run, such as -cwd X:\Path\to\email\account
"Internet Application Integration" doesn't help with that either, guess we need a SOM class that resemble the url object."

I check ini file for DEFAULTMAILEXE
Than, I run the mail program with following parms  -compose to=my@webaddress,subject=ClamAV GUI *info*'

Does PMMail update DEFAULTMAILEXE ini entry ?
Does it understand -compose to=............,subject=.........  ?

Thanks
Kind regards,
Remy     

jep

PMMail doesn't update that by itself, but "Internet Application Integration" (IAI) can do it for you, as for me.
One can also use IAI to set the parameters that has to be fed to the application, as mentioned earlier.

No, it understand the following parameters:

An option may be indicated with either a hyphen ("-") or a slash ("/"). The whole option word is required. It is case insensitive.   

-cwd <dirpath>
Set the working directory to dirpath.

Any files with the .EXT extension in the new directory are deleted when the directory is changed. This is in addition to their removal when argument processing starts.   

-a <acctname>
-s <acctname>
Start the program with <acctname> opened and selected. <acctname> may be either the displayed account name, or the disk name used by the program. If the displayed account name contains spaces, place it in double quotes.

-a and -s are equivalent.   

-log <level>
Set the logging level. Level is a number from 0 through 4; other values are ignored. 0 disables logging altogether; increasing values increase the log output. The default value is 1 which outputs mostly error messages. The maximum level, 4, provides a lot of execution detail. The log file <logfile.log> is located in the directory where the program is started.

See Advanced Settings for more details.   

-disable-fetch
Disables Fetch Mail at Startup for all accounts. The Account Preference for Startup, Send Queued messages, is also disabled. The option is mainly a debugging aid should PMMail have a serious problem during startup and the cause is related to fetching or sending mail.   

-f
-fetch-all
-send-queued
-fetch-all enables "Unattended Fetch." PMMail initializes, no windows are opened, fetches mail for all accounts which have Fetch Mail at Startup enabled, and exits after all of those accounts have checked for messages. May used with -send-queued.   

-send-queued enables "Unattended Send." PMMail initializes, no windows are opened, sends mail queued in the Outbox for all accounts which have Send queued messages at Startup enabled, and exits after all of those accounts have sent the messages. May used with -fetch-all.   

Normally the -fetch-all and -send-queued options are used with a scheduler that invokes PMMail periodically to collect or send mail. If both options are indicated, PMMail waits until both services have completed before exiting.   

-send-shutdown
When PMMail starts with this option, it searches for another instance of PMMail running in the same accounts directory. If found, that instance is sent a shutdown signal to end the program session. Whether or not another instance is found, the current PMMail also shuts down.   

-min
Start the program minimized to the desktop.   

-nice-send
Reduce the CPU priority when sending messages by SMTP.   

-msg <message text>
Sends a message with the text "message text". It copies the text to CMDLINE.EXT for later processing

jep

I have another problem now as well, that it doesn't scan all what I've asked for.
Set it to scan C:\ D:\ G:\ H:\ K:\ L:\
The first round it failed after it found 3 suspicious scripts on my C:\ drive, now it failed a bit futher down the path, though not that far as you can see. The bold text seem to be the common area. Is it rxu or rexx that may have problems?

LibClamAV Warning: cli_rmdirs: Can't locate C:/var/temp/clamav-f...../javascript: Not enough memory
Time: 06:52:13 - Clamscan.exe ProcessID not found, current ClamAVGUI process aborted !

----------
Compunter: AMD 2.3 GHz, QuadCore (Though run in single core mode until ACPI can support it)
Memory: 3072 Mb
-------------
LibClamAV Warning: cli_rmdirs: Can't locate C:/var/temp/clamav-f.....nocomment.html Not enough memory
C:/HOME/DEFAULT/Mozilla/FIrefox1/Profiles/xyz...default/extensions/firebug@software.joehewitt.com/Releasenotes_1.2.1.txt: Can't allocate memory ERROR
C:/HOME/DEFAULT/Mozilla/FIrefox1/Profiles/xyz...default/extensions/firebug@software.joehewitt.com/install.rdf: Can't allocate memory ERROR
Time: 07:10:03 - Clamscan.exe ProcessID not found, current ClamAVGUI process aborted !

CDRWSel

Hi jep,

You can get again V2.1.0 (now (f).
I added PMMail support
PMMail is choiced if no "WPURLDEFAULTSETTINGS" - "DEFAULTMAIL" ini entry exist.
If you don't use this default entry, REMOVE IT

"LibClamAV Warning: cli_rmdirs: Can't locate C:/var/temp/clamav-f...../javascript: Not enough memory
Time: 06:52:13 - Clamscan.exe ProcessID not found, current ClamAVGUI process aborted !"

As soon clamscan isn't responding, I check if it's always running or if it crashes !
In your case and as you can see, Clamscan complains about "Not enough memory" and then it seems to be crashed because it's process id was no more available.

I would suggest you to do a try and reduces scan archives "recurs" from 16 to a lower value e.g. 5
And use "exclude list" for files which never will be infected. I would suggest you to disable warnings to have less messages into the online logs (it doesn't impact the file logs).

The first line in the online logs are the parms used with clamscan (your case).

When scanning a full partition, may be you can run more ClamAV-GUI
Try running in parallel  one scan on C:, an other on D: ..  

Kind regards,
Remy

CDRWSel

I'm thinking adding an other option when using PMMail.

If the default set browser isn't PMMail/2 while it is installed, I may add a question like:
"Would you like set PMMail/2 as default browser ?" with a checkobx option to always ask the question or to disable it...

working on...

Cheers   

jep

Please do check and use "DefaultMailParameters" below.
/* ------------------------------------------------------------------ */
/*  Application: WPURLDEFAULTSETTINGS */

i=i+1
 IniFileApps.i.__Application = "WPURLDEFAULTSETTINGS"
 IniFileApps.i.__Keys.0 = 0

j = IniFileApps.i.__Keys.0

j = j+1
 IniFileApps.i.__Keys.j.__Key = "DefaultMailExe"
 IniFileApps.i.__Keys.j.__Val = "C:\PROGRAMS\PMMail\BIN\pmmail.exe" || "00"x

j = j+1
 IniFileApps.i.__Keys.j.__Key = "DefaultBrowserExe"
 IniFileApps.i.__Keys.j.__Val = "C:\PROGRAMS\ARORA\arora.exe" || "00"x

j = j+1
 IniFileApps.i.__Keys.j.__Key = "DefaultWorkingDir"
 IniFileApps.i.__Keys.j.__Val = "C:\PROGRAMS\ARORA" || "00"x

j = j+1
 IniFileApps.i.__Keys.j.__Key = "DefaultMailWorkingDir"
 IniFileApps.i.__Keys.j.__Val = "C:\PROGRAMS\PMMail\BIN" || "00"x

j = j+1
 IniFileApps.i.__Keys.j.__Key = "DefaultMailParameters"
 IniFileApps.i.__Keys.j.__Val = "-cwd X:\path\2\eMail" || "00"x

IniFileApps.i.__Keys.0 = j

CDRWSel

Thanks Jep,

I'm surprised about the accounts path !
I installed the WPI and it adds the acounts under C:\programs\PMMail\ACCOUNTS

I refreshed the V2.1.0 build (you can get it)
(the option to set PMMail as default is in EN language only and will popup if PMMail isn't the default client)

Cheers
Remy