• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

More help with upgrade

Started by OriAl, 2011.02.19, 22:24:16

Previous topic - Next topic

OriAl

For some reason, this board will no longer let me see page 2 of my "major trouble after motherboard swap" when I'm logged in, so I can't reply to it any longer.  I can read page 2 fine when not logged in.  So, I'm starting this thread as a continuation, and hope I won't have the same problem if this thread gets to two pages.

To summarize - I now have both my new and old drive.  New drive is drive 1, has XP and Boot Manager on it, and is the only one eCS 2.0 will install to (either as new or migration - I've tried both a few times.)  There is an eCS 2.0 fresh install on it, as well as a partition ready to try migration again (but more advice might help get that try to have working internet and other things upon completion.) I've tried easy and advanced migration - thanks to DFsee, I can clone the 1.2 boot partition over failed migrations as often as needed.  Old drive has eCS 1.2 on first partition (C:), and partitions from D: to L:, and an NTFS partition with my old XP install.

My 64 bit motherboard has been shown to not be a problem.  Obviously, my eCS 1.2 was not fully updated, though I thought I'd kept up with everything, so it will not boot on this board (if I try, the system immediately resets.)  I'd still like to find all the files needed to make it boot with this board - I haven't had any luck finding the ones mentioned in the first thread.  At least 1.2 had the printing and lan card working.  Migration to 2.0 is preferred because I have programs I use that I no longer have install disks for.

RobertM

Hi,

As posted elsewhere, go to http://www.os2world.com/forum/ and log in that way. From there, you will be able to edit and fully see your (and other) threads. There is an issue with the Joomla wrapper that is causing the problem you are seeing.

Best,
Rob

|
|
Kirk's 5 Year Mission Continues at:
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|