• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

usb irq conflict

Started by Dave, 2007.06.07, 23:08:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Hello all...
in a previous message I refered to the "bluetooth" tech...
  in my case I think that since bluetooth is on the backside of the usb adapter which is
reconized by eCS then talking with any usb device should be possible as long as there
is a driver. I have an espons C80 pringer and a Epson 2400 scanner. Now
in eCS 1.2 I had no problems with USB, but in eCS 20 beta 4, I have an IRQ conflict
the Danis506 driver is using IRQ 11, and so are the UHCI compliant USB host controller.
Is there a way of forceing either of the devices to use another IRQ.. I have tried
bios setting, with not good result. I am not using IRQ 7.
Best

obiwan

I have all devices in my notebook sharing IRQ 11. That includes the hard drive controller and the USB controller. It caused sound lockups on eCS beta3, but with beta4 it's working fine. In general, if the drivers involved are compliant with IRQ sharing, it should not cause problems. What makes you certain that the problem is related to IRQ conflicts?

Sometimes IRQ's can be changed, sometimes not, it depends. On mine there is nothing I can do about it. The documentation with ACPI describes some parameters that can be set which might work for some setups.

Dave

Hello, thanks for the info
  Under eCS 1.2 did not have this problem
in beta 4  I first had a shared  irq with my sound blaster
so I disabled it in the config.sys file, then on reboot I had usb in the usb manager
after doing some reading and looking I saw that there are those newer pciiq in the bios
so I started to assign some IRQ to each device...none of these seem to work as the
EHCI controller is using IRQ 3, and I have a usb\bluetooth installed on it...I also
connected my printer to the usb 2.0 but still none of the usb devices is showing...
It could be somthing else, but I have no idea.
any further suggestions.
Best

Dave

OK in the end I did get the problem fixed. I don't understand it all, but I did look at the os2 usb web page
and downloaded a (newer) usbuhci driver...rebooted and everything is fine now..
thanks for the interest in my problem..
Best