• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

shutdown ECS 2.0 GA

Started by dgclark, 2011.03.01, 03:57:05

Previous topic - Next topic

dgclark

Shutdown was working. Installed DB2/2 client v 5. Shutdown now hangs at, or immediately after, shutting down the network services.

Is there a way of changing the shutdown routines so that it uses xWorkplace shutdown instead of the shutdown in ECS 2.0? What is function/routine is being called, in which module, when I select Shutdown on the desktop?

Pete

Hi

Someone else not impressed with the standard eCS Shutdown...

If I remember correctly you need to open Desktop -> Local System -> System Setup -> Shutdown Options and Uncheck "Enable extended shutdown". Then set xWP as shutdown.

Regards

Pete

dgclark

There used to be an option in the eStyler settings for turning on/off the shutdown. But it is not there any longer. There is no shutdown setting anywhere else that I can find - other than in the xWorkplace setup. But enabling that doesn't do anything - it never gets called.

Pete

Hi

If the Shutdown Options program object is missing then I have no idea how to change the Shutdown...

The Shutdown Options object is for eStyler.exe with a parameter S so suggest you locate estyler.exe and run it in a command window with the s parameter eg:-

[H:\ECS\SYSTEM\ESTYLER]estyler s

Obviously your boot drive may not be H: but the rest of the line should be fine.

Regards

Pete

ivan

You could try looking in the desktop properties (mb2 on desktop) for the xshutdown tab and fill in the settings there.  For that to work you would have to remove eWorkplace and install the full version of xWorkplace - at least that is what I did for a friend that was having shutdown problems.

ivan

dgclark

OK - I found the answer.

1) Copy the file C:\OS2\ESTYLER.INI to a new file, to save it. (I was a boy scout: Be prepared!)

2) Edit C:\OS2\ESTYLER.INI and remove the application Shutdown.

Then reboot. AFTER the reboot, the shutdown will revert to the default shut down. In my case I have xWorkplace installed and have specified the extended shutdown there.

Apparently on bootup eStyler reads the eStyler.INI file and hooks into the shutdown routine/call.