• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

AVxCAT (formerly FFMPEGCA) version 1.2.0

Started by CDRWSel, 2011.03.04, 04:24:53

Previous topic - Next topic

CDRWSel

AVxCAT major release 1.2.0 is out
This is an Audio Video eXtended Conversion Authoring Tool using FFMPEG as main tool
It is a very nice GUI with lot of possibilities. 
- Convert not protected DVD film into portable codec (full film or any vob file)
- Convert Audio-CD to any supported audio codec (mp3, ogg, wav, flac etc...)
  With cddb (cddb2wav) support or not
- Convert any audio/video files to any audio supported codec
- Convert any audio/video files to any video supported codec
- Preserves IDTAGs or Metadatas is possible (codec dependant)
- Create slideshow or animation out of pictures
- Create video chapters and presentation (with possible) sub-titles
- Create user profiles to accommodate end-user most used options
- Apply VoiX filters
etc...

Added corrections and new function makes this release a main release.
I hope Jep could try it to create his OS2 mpeg1 video (this released one agains the test one has the codec type for animation enabled which allow to change from default FLV (Flash) to an other format like AVI etc...

Regards,
Remy

Note: If any bugs are found, please use the write to author option. This one should work with thunderbird or PMMail.   

CDRWSel

For those interested by mp3 "normalize" option using mp3gain automatically called by AVxCAT could send me an email and I'll provide them the test build (futur) and howto proceed.

Cheers
Remy   

Mentore

Quote from: CDRWSel on 2011.03.04, 04:24:53
AVxCAT major release 1.2.0 is out
- Apply VoiX filters
etc...

Hello Remy! Is the "VoiX" in this post related to my VoiX port for OS/2? I'd be really happy :)

Mentore

CDRWSel

Hi,

The VoiX beta5 doesn't have enabled stdout nor stdin etc...

Andy Willis took the provided source and made all needed updates and his build works now with stdin, stdout and correct binary/ascii mode for FFMPEG stdin compatibility.

Of course, according the licence, all information are provided as well the source code of it and
Because VoiX doesn't use much space, this special build is included

Of course, it was a very nice idea porting VoiX and now, it is going better... Great thanks  

Process:
any input file (except wav)
1/ ffmpeg to wav (audio stream only)
2/ VoiX filter apply if available
3/ ffmpeg to final choice format
All is done in one command using stdin/stdout (pipe)

For wav, first ffmpeg isn't used

Ps: Next AVxCAT should have enabled mp3gain option (in transparency mode. That is, as soon mp3gain is found under AVxCAT, it enables a special "Auto" volume level (using -r -k options) and final step will call mp3gain (for mp3 and may be aac !).
This futur update will have AAC extension .aac renamed to .m4a (which is the right non protected extension = ipod)

I'm comming back as soon tests are finalized.

Kind regards,
Remy  

abwillis

Mentore, I had also sent you an email about the changes... it may have gone into a spam bucket or something.

Mentore

Quote from: abwillis on 2011.03.07, 19:16:12
Mentore, I had also sent you an email about the changes... it may have gone into a spam bucket or something.

No problem for it, you didn't need my permission to work on my port. Instead, I'm really glad to know that some of my little experiments have been useful!

Mentore

CDRWSel

Great thanks Mentore.

Now, here is next "test" build of AVxCAT. I need more feedback of new introduced changes and functions
http:// remydodin.levillage.org/outils/AVXCAT_S-1_2_1.wpi
(please, remove the blank character after http:// in the link name)

Read updated pdf file under "special parameters" about how to change some options

Changes into this 1.2.1 test build

• Cdda2wav uses --max option by default
  • Both "--deemphasize and -paranoia" cdda2wav options can be enabled using special AVxCAT parameters (see doc file)
  • Adding MP3GAIN in AVxCAT path enables MP3 normalisation with new "Auto" setting into Volume level (last high value).(For all other audio codec output files, "Auto" will set FFMPEG volume level to 256 which is "0" under AVxCAT = no change)
  • Updated AVxCAT log file to indicate if Timidity or VoiX was used
  • Updated AVxCAT log file to indicate mp3gain applied correction is enabled and called (used parms displaied)
  • AAC extension changed to use M4A extension (ipod standard)

Thanks and kind regards,
Remy

Note: mp3gain in from Paul Ratcliffe ported applications
http:// home.clara.net/orac/os2.htm#mp3gain
(Please, remove blank character from the linkname)

CDRWSel

Additionnal changes into this 1.2.1 updated test build

• Enabled image extraction from video file
  • Updated doc file to explain how to extract images and set number of images as well as at which frame rate

Kind regards,
Remy

CDRWSel

• Added video to GIF conversion (quality is poor due to ffmpeg using fixed 256 color resulting into about 100 color used)
  • Extractes images from the video can be BMP; JG or PNG and first frame / last frame can be used
  • Added video to GIF conversion (quality is poor due to ffmpeg using fixed 256 color resulting into about 100 color used while other GIF tools are able to preserve 256 colors)

AVxCAT V1.2.1 test not released
Now, V1.2.2 test (near final build) is available on my web link (AVxCAT)

Kind regard,
Remy  

djcaetano

Hi AVxCAT has been installed on my harddisk for some months now, but I never really had time to used it until today.
  I am writing to thank you for this great tool for OS/2 and eCS... and to say you can add the "*.rmvb" filter on supported file formats... because I am converting rmvbs to wmvs right now and the result is perfect. :)
  (running version 1.2.4)

Regards,

Daniel Caetano

CDRWSel

Quote from: djcaetano on 2011.06.04, 17:11:00

Hi AVxCAT has been installed on my harddisk for some months now, but I never really had time to used it until today.
  I am writing to thank you for this great tool for OS/2 and eCS... and to say you can add the "*.rmvb" filter on supported file formats... because I am converting rmvbs to wmvs right now and the result is perfect. :)
  (running version 1.2.4)

Regards,

Daniel Caetano

Thanks Daniel,

I'll add it into next update...

Kind regards
Remy

CDRWSel

AVxCAT updated to V1.2.5

Cheers
Rémy

Andi

I wanted to try out AVxCAT but have problems when opening files or directories on drives above O:

A DrRexx window pops up but only for a few seconds. See attached. Any clue?

DougB

QuoteI wanted to try out AVxCAT but have problems when opening files or directories on drives above O:

This probably doesn't help much, but I don't have any problems using U:, V:, and W:, in eCS 2.1.

CDRWSel

Please, use the email contact included into avxcat.
Describe all step you did and what kind of drives are above O: ?
Thanks and best regards

I often work with drives on T: or V:
Remy