• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Wifi Card and No IRQ Set?

Started by BigWarpGuy, 2007.09.26, 22:41:23

Previous topic - Next topic

BigWarpGuy

I have a wifi pc card in my Thinkpad eCS pc. It shows at boot up that no irq is set. What would be the way to get it to set to an irq? ??? What settings in config.sys could be added to get it to set it?  ???

cyberspittle

Quote from: BigWarpGuy on 2007.09.26, 22:41:23
I have a wifi pc card in my Thinkpad eCS pc. It shows at boot up that no irq is set. What would be the way to get it to set to an irq? ??? What settings in config.sys could be added to get it to set it?  ???

BWG,

Did you install the supplied drivers? driver installation usually includes setting resources, etc. ???

BigWarpGuy

I think I did. I will check to make sure. Thanks for the information.  8) I will look for the cd that came with it.

BigWarpGuy

I think the device that can not get the IRQ setting is the wifi card that is in the Thinkpad and not the pc card one. I had bought two and one is in the T23. I do not think it came with a cd but I found the drivers/software online.  8)

BigWarpGuy

IBM miniPCI PRISM 2.5 Wireless Card using Primsp4 v1.0 is what shows.

The Intel Pro/Wireless 2011B LAN PC Card shows as 'lan' and the 3G Laptop Card Option GT MAX 3.6 card shows as 'memory' (from the pc card plug and play program).  8)

BigWarpGuy

The wifi card in the bottom compartment of the T23 is (following information take from it) Broadcom BCM43006KFB HA0520 P30 744867 M (from bottom) 802.11g mini-PCI Card model #188621264 MAC: 0014A532F137 S/N: CNSZY53202MX BRCM Rev 6 4306Co 2050.  8)

kim

A wild guess here; but it's not that the bios of the thinkpad won't accept the card that you got? Usually the system would just halt and say that it doesn't support the hardware already at power-up. I had this problem when I tried out the IBM High Rate on some Thinkpads.

BigWarpGuy

I had tried the wifi card from the A22m Thinkpad. I had also plugged in the network cable. It stopped booting till one of the two network connections was disconnected. It is an Intel Pro /100 SP MOBILE COMBO ADAPTER.
ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/genmac/genmac200_intel.zip

The T23 did not stop booting when I have the Broadcom in the compartment for it.
ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/genmac/genmac200_broadcom.zip