• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

About hobbes.nmsu.edu

Started by miturbide, 2011.07.21, 23:01:22

Previous topic - Next topic

miturbide

Hi

I'm a little but worried because it seems that nobody is behind the Hobbes site at the New Mexico State University .
On the last days it seems that hobbes script is running and a lot of files are getting deleted that do not comply exactly with the txt file and the upload structure.

Does anybody has a contact on the New Mexico State University to ask about this?

If you think I'm wrong please let me know who is the archiver or in charge of the site to contact him.

Thanks.
Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Open Source Advocate

Skype - martiniturbide
Google Talk - martiniturbide@gmail.com

Joop

Quote from: miturbide on 2011.07.21, 23:01:22
Hi

I'm a little but worried because it seems that nobody is behind the Hobbes site at the New Mexico State University .
On the last days it seems that hobbes script is running and a lot of files are getting deleted that do not comply exactly with the txt file and the upload structure.

Does anybody has a contact on the New Mexico State University to ask about this?

If you think I'm wrong please let me know who is the archiver or in charge of the site to contact him.

Thanks.
I didn't see strange things. But if you are in doubt this is the address: archiver@hobbes.nmsu.edu

IBManners

Hi Martin,

Are some of the latest ones missing from the bottom of this list apart from the corrupt file ?

http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/h-browse.php?button=Browse&dir=%2Fpub%2Fos2%2Fsystem%2Fdrivers%2Fsound&sort=date

If you could drop some file names and I can check the mirrored files here as well. Also keep in mind that often new files are often moved daily depending on staffing etc at NMSU so it looks like files have been removed when
they have actually just been processed quicker than normal.

Ignore the /text-arch/ directory in incoming and check the http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/h-browse.php?button=Browse&dir=%2Fpub%2Ftext-archives&sort=date directory for the latest descriptions files belonging to processed files.

Cheers
Ian
I am the computer, it is me.

miturbide

After some while the Hobbes Archiver has replied to me.

He told me they are moving hobbes to a new box, and we will be talking after that since I suggested some reorganization of the path structure.

Martin
Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Open Source Advocate

Skype - martiniturbide
Google Talk - martiniturbide@gmail.com

Mike

Quote from: miturbide on 2011.07.27, 16:33:16
After some while the Hobbes Archiver has replied to me.

He told me they are moving hobbes to a new box, and we will be talking after that since I suggested some reorganization of the path structure.

Martin
At least some news  ;) It means another hardware change since the last one in 2008, i hope nothing will be broken. In case we are back on the topic there are more things to fix since this 2008 move.