• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

mouse scrolling question

Started by os2monkey, 2007.09.21, 19:39:42

Previous topic - Next topic

os2monkey

Hi I have a usb mouse running on ecs 1.2r, with the usbmouse.sys driver. The default scroll after installation was really fast (on an average google search result page, you would only need to scroll down 3 times to get the the bottom of the page). I went to system setup/mouse, and they have a speed adjustment setting. I set it to "slow" but now it is super slow (requires 38 scrolls to get the the bottom of the page). Worse yet it won't let me switch back for some reason.. as when I try to switch to "normal" or "fast" it does nothing to the scroll speed now.
In my windows pc it does about 7-8 scroll clicks to get to get to the bottom of a search result page and that is about right for me.
Is there something I can do to get this right?

Thanks,
DK

os2monkey

Also, in case it is helpful: It's a microsoft mouse, 4 button with scroll.

Robert Deed

Try changing to the amouse driver instead it has much better scrolling support

Quote from: os2monkey on 2007.09.21, 19:39:42
Hi I have a usb mouse running on ecs 1.2r, with the usbmouse.sys driver. The default scroll after installation was really fast (on an average google search result page, you would only need to scroll down 3 times to get the the bottom of the page). I went to system setup/mouse, and they have a speed adjustment setting. I set it to "slow" but now it is super slow (requires 38 scrolls to get the the bottom of the page). Worse yet it won't let me switch back for some reason.. as when I try to switch to "normal" or "fast" it does nothing to the scroll speed now.
In my windows pc it does about 7-8 scroll clicks to get to get to the bottom of a search result page and that is about right for me.
Is there something I can do to get this right?

Thanks,
DK

os2monkey

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the advice. I installed amou25u.zip from here:
http://www.os2site.com/sw/drivers/mouse/index.html

Funny thing is the mouse scroll did work better BUT it caused the system to crash. (for example, the system would lock up whenever you tried to shut down with that driver installed). I was able to restore the old config.sys and the system is stable again, although installing AMouse also caused the mouse control panel to be removed from the system setup folder.
Is it possible to get that back or do I need to reinstall ECS from scratch.

I'll maybe see if I can find another driver but i'm pretty sure I will need access to that mouse control panel either way.

Thanks again.
David

Ben

Try the latest version of AMouse; 2.79.

2.5u is pretty old.

File name:
amouse279.wpi

DavidG

The latest now is version 2.81 and can be found at

http://www.nbsoftware.de/sw_ms_en.htm

I just tried it myself and my scroll wheel scrolls perfectly.