• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Non-original ink replacement

Started by kim, 2007.11.21, 18:14:26

Previous topic - Next topic

kim

Curious if any of you other has used similar solution like what I found at a Swedish site that have bulk ink solution for wide range of Epson, HP and Canon printers and using ink from US based factory. I would guess that the entire kit might be from US or produced for a US company. But, anyway there reason why I'm kind of interested is 1) extremely low price and 2) no need to exchange the ink cartridge that often. For example take look at the picture attached; the original black HP holds 69 ml and the colour holds 28 ml each. With this kit the black holds 150 ml and the colour holds each 110 ml! Has anyone seen, tested or heard anything anything about this kit; sorry not real brand name other than Colorworkshop.

kim

Just a quick update with some url for some more reading abouth this system; a review at IDG.se actually gives quite good critics:

http://www.idg.se/2.1085/1.92477 (Swedish, sorry)

In my case I'm using HP 2800 that Colorworkshop has kit for and what it looks like it's actually a Swedish company; so it would be interesting a test and write a review; or?

RobertM

Hey Kim,

I have used similar solutions - but they were mostly from the printer manufacturer.

I have found a few things...
(1) If you get good quality ink, (and install the hoses, etc properly so not to jam anything) all is well

(2) Bad ink will gum up the print heads or run through them, or not come out at all

(3) You can often find different types of ink by using that method (for instance, I found UV resistant, as well as waterproof inks for my printer - which the OEM inks were not) - I suggest having a different print head set for each ink type you use if you find the need for different types... dont wanna mix ink types.

(4) And of course, it saves TONS of money... there are a lot of places that will sell bulk ink in jugs that you can then refill the ink reservoirs with.

|
|
Kirk's 5 Year Mission Continues at:
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|

kim

Good suggestion with the different print heads for different inks; with the HP 2800 this isn't a problem since it has separate heads. My best guess after reading around at Color Workshop:s home page is that they are using ink from American Inkjet since Color Workshop claims that they're using ink from a US based corporation that have been around for 20 years; some of the sales pitch are similar as well. Then again I could be wrong; but about American Inkjet; anything good or negative that can be said about them?

RobertM

Quote from: kimhav on 2007.11.21, 21:57:42
Good suggestion with the different print heads for different inks; with the HP 2800 this isn't a problem since it has separate heads. My best guess after reading around at Color Workshop:s home page is that they are using ink from American Inkjet since Color Workshop claims that they're using ink from a US based corporation that have been around for 20 years; some of the sales pitch are similar as well. Then again I could be wrong; but about American Inkjet; anything good or negative that can be said about them?

Never tried them - but that they have lasted so long is a good indication... can't find much on them, but a lot of places seem to use or resell their products.

|
|
Kirk's 5 Year Mission Continues at:
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|