• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

News submission

Started by chennecke, 2007.05.19, 14:47:54

Previous topic - Next topic

chennecke

Folks,

Access to the news submission form should be easier. Currently, you have to login and click your way through to it. That's not very encouraging.

Also, the submission form is too wide and breaks the layout.

kim

The reason that you have to login as a registered users is primary avoid submission bots using the forms to send junk. I think that we already have had our fair share of that on the old site.

To submit news or any kind material you have to click two times, ie once at "Submit Material" and then pick what section that you want to submit material to. I can't cut it down to one click only since that would force us to pick what section to submit material to. Well, okey I could actually create to sub-menus under "Submit Material", but that would still actually be to clicks as well.

When it then comes to the "form" that is used it's actually an editor and at first I've set the system to use JCE Editor by defualt, but as you mention it tends to break the layout. I've now changed the system to use JoomlaFCK Editor that is actually smaller and offers more or less the same basic features. So give it another try and see how it works out.

Next problem is that I found it bit tricky to configurate the system what components that should be view together. It's seems for example that I can't change the view if the component is now available as a menu option. So for example as  you notice when you use the Submit Material menu option you have the right column is enabled. But, if you edit an old article that you're owner to the right column is gone and that is how I would like to have, more space for the editor and a better view when editing an article.

kim

It seems to me that the JoomlaFCK makes life harder, for example when editing it clearly shows that there is an extra line betwen to lines, ie for more spacing. But when saved and looking at the article, all the text it tight together. So I switched back the to JCE Editor again.