• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Secure Email with OpenPGP

Started by bjorso, 2007.10.05, 07:01:55

Previous topic - Next topic

bjorso

That is correct, this combination of software works very well on eCS 1.2r but not on any eCS 2.0 version. It's possible to sign mails but if you encrypt them sending will result in a mail server time-out. A message comes up telling you that the server is not available with (#4.4.2), and that message doesn't help me at all?

There is nothing wrong with the mail server of cource, it works when using 1.2r? I have not been able to solve this. It should be very negative for eCS 2.0 if it's not fixed before release. I have not received any useful help so far. If I can't use eCS for mailing it will be difficult to use it at all in the future. :-[

BTW. Thanks for a great article!

kim

I can confirm this as well and I know that Björn has made quite a view test with several version of eCS, Thunderbird and the mentioned plugins. It just won't work with the latest eCS...

kim

A quick update for those of you that earlier have had problem with PGP keys in OpenPGP; this works fine now and I've had this problem earlier where it was an issue to encrypt the outgoing mail with the PGP keys. In this case if I don't remember wrong the issue was on PGP side.

kim

Quote from: bjorso on 2007.10.05, 07:01:55That is correct, this combination of software works very well on eCS 1.2r but not on any eCS 2.0 version. It's possible to sign mails but if you encrypt them sending will result in a mail server time-out. A message comes up telling you that the server is not available with (#4.4.2), and that message doesn't help me at all?

Has there been any improvements getting this to work with eCS v2.0?

hermi

For me Thunderbird (PmW-Tb  2.0.0.11) works with Enigmail 0.95.5 and gpg (GnuPG) 1.4.7 on my eCS 2.0rc4 without problems.