• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Sundial Systems

Started by Dennis, 2007.10.15, 17:07:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis

Now that we have lost Sundial, where does one go for help with its products--especially dbExpert? I still run into a lot of things I need to do to make my dbExpert database applications more efficient. I have too much time--years--in the development of my apps to change to another system. Also, I don't know of another database for OS/2 (eCS) that's as stable and easy to use.

Is anybody here a dbExpert user? Does anybody here know the ins & outs of REXX? Is Sundial going to come back or is it gone for good?

Dennis
Dennis

RobertM

Hi Dennis,

Though I am not too familiar with Sundials apps (havent used them in a long while), I am pretty familiar with REXX, as are a bunch of other people on the forums, so at the least, we could help you with that aspect if needed.

-Robert

|
|
Kirk's 5 Year Mission Continues at:
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|

Dennis

Thanks, Robert. At least dbExpert is written in REXX so we may just be able to muddle through together.

Dennis
Dennis

jep

Quote from: Dennis on 2007.10.16, 04:42:37
At least dbExpert is written in REXX so we may just be able to muddle through together.

DBExpert handle REXX, but it is written in C as many other applications and used its own scripting language in early releases. Each rexx function and variable are bound to the function you write it in, but you can share variables somehow... but I forgot how, something that an update should address.

Mvh / MfG / WKR
//Jan-Erik

lwriemen

Quote from: Dennis on 2007.10.15, 17:07:35
Now that we have lost Sundial,

Isn't this a little premature? According to their website, it sounds like they're hoping to continue operation.

Dennis

In talking to Carla, they are hoping to at least continue the newsgroups, but so far, I haven't been able to connect to the server. Sundial was made up of Randell, Carla, and Carla's father. Carla said Rollin White--who used to work for Sundial--is coming in to the office every day to try to help get the servers back up and Carla is trying to take care of the consulting work she did. She's trying to find someone to take over development of Junk Spy. Randell was kind of stymied in developing dbExpert due to someone not wanting to release some of the code. dbExpert was licensed from another company that appears to be non-existant.
I DO hope we don't lose Sundial. I made that statement shortly after I found out we lost Randell and was feeling very unsupported and lost.

Dennis
Dennis