• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

I'm back :)

Started by os2monkey, 2012.01.01, 09:26:36

Previous topic - Next topic

os2monkey

Back around 09 I think, I had used ecomstation 1.2. I purchased a copy via ebay.
I don't remember why I decided to make a change but I had switched to fedora linux, which I was really happy with initially.
But recently Linux has irked me, since it's always changing too much. I liked gnome 2 but hated gnome 3 for example, and all of the distros adopted it.
So anyway I really started to regret my decision in leaving Os/2.. so this weekend I just purchased ecomstation 2.1. Can't wait to install it when I get home from traveling this weekend!

Anyways i'm pretty committed to sticking around this time :).

sXwamp

Quote from: os2monkey on 2012.01.01, 09:26:36

So anyway I really started to regret my decision in leaving Os/2.. so this weekend I just purchased ecomstation 2.1. Can't wait to install it when I get home from traveling this weekend!

Welcome back !!!  If you need any help, you can contact me here: http://www.os2notes.com

Greggory

jdeb

Quote from: os2monkey on 2012.01.01, 09:26:36
Back around 09 I think, I had used ecomstation 1.2. I purchased a copy via ebay.
I don't remember why I decided to make a change but I had switched to fedora linux, which I was really happy with initially.
But recently Linux has irked me, since it's always changing too much. I liked gnome 2 but hated gnome 3 for example, and all of the distros adopted it.

Same for me os2monkey. I was using Slackware for the longest time and had Mint on my laptop (still do). I was going to install on my laptop but I misread the license agreement. Still waiting on an official answer. I thought I could install up to 5 machines but I stand corrected. I assume I will have to buy another copy to put on my laptop, which sucks because I do not use it very often. Mint is still available with the old GUI for what it is worth.

I just got tired of the look and feel of Linux in general. Unity and Gnome 3 kind of made my mind up for me as I see it going that way for all the distro's. I am not sure if Linux is trying to be more like Microsoft or a Smartphone? I see Windows enough with all the builds / repairs I do and it never impressed me. The last Windows Distro I actually liked was Windows 2000, other than that it is more of the same for me. I come to work and get daily reminded of what I do not like about Windows.

It is great to be back with the templates, customization, and flexibility of eCS.   
Foxconn P41A-P, Intel E7500, 2 GB DDR2 800, ATI X300, ADATA Sata II 64 GB SSD, 160GB WD Sata II HD, Intel Pro 100/1000, Antec Basiq 350W PS, Antec 300 Case, ECS 2.1