• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

InJoy Firewall... Dead?

Started by Ben, 2012.01.10, 15:36:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben

It has been a very long time since I've heard anything from the InJoy Firewall people... and their mailing list has been dead so long that I unsubscribed a while back.

... And their website hasn't been up dated in years.

Is the InJoy Firewall project still alive?

It would be a crime for it to have gone the way of the Dodo.  :(

WarpWorld

As in animal world, the most powerfulls survive...In future (for about 15-20 years) free open source will destroy commercial and many today gigants will go off...So I am so sad for destiny of some DOSes and OS/2, which closed source destroy their surviving...  :(

IBManners

Hi Ben,

Think positive :o) - Could be a case of nothing left to do to improve the product.

IPv6 could be added but that will not help OS/2, eComStation :-(

Cheers
Ian
I am the computer, it is me.

EugeneGorbunoff

The usage of PC is changing..

Today every user, every office is connected to Internet via Router with firewall.
The need in InJoy Firewall is minimal. The company should create new product to survive.

Sigurd

Quote from: EugeneGorbunoff on 2012.01.10, 22:20:05
The usage of PC is changing..

Today every user, every office is connected to Internet via Router with firewall.
The need in InJoy Firewall is minimal. The company should create new product to survive.

As far as i can say: wrong. I was very very happy to buy a full Injoy License last year as it was the only way for me to get the internal 3G/HSPA modem to run with OS/2 and eComStation.

I am looking forward for your suggestions for these "new products"

My oh my.....

IBManners

Hi Eugene,

QuoteToday every user, every office is connected to Internet via Router with firewall.

InJoy Firewall compared to a internet router with built in firewall is like comparing a 1940's VW to
a 2007 Lexus. There's a lot more to it than the basic firewall/NAT engine :)

Cheers
Ian
I am the computer, it is me.

herwigb

Good news regarding Injoy Firewall are on the way. Be patient for a few more DAYS (not weeks, not months, not years) and stay tuned!
Kind regards,
HerwigB.