• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Which OS/2 and eComStation's Users Forums do you Like ?

Started by miturbide, 2007.10.26, 01:50:24

Previous topic - Next topic

miturbide

Hi

Just browsing the Yahoo Groups, I found a lot of dead OS/2-eCS group full of spam. And many of those used to be good forum with good content on it.

So, I wonder which OS/2-eCS forums, yahoo/google/whatever groups, usenet does the OS2-eCS community visits.

Please let me know, putting aside the OS2world forums ;)  which OS/2-eCS related forums do you visit and like ?

Martin
Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Open Source Advocate

Skype - martiniturbide
Google Talk - martiniturbide@gmail.com

Saijin_Naib

melf

Computing.net  http://computing.net/os2/wwwboard/wwwboard.html  also has an OS/2 board. It was quite a while since I visited it, but when I look at it now it seems to be quite lively with many postings.
/Mikael

warpcafe

Hi gang,

well I have to admit that there is actually almost nothing that I use as a forum besides os2world.com.
Perhaps commtalk.de (german language only) and it's os/2 forums, yep, this one I'm at least monitoring on a regular basis.
Currently in addition, I've been using the warpstock.eu forum too, but that's related to organisation and the Warpstock Europe itself rather than "an OS/2 or eCS site".

But this thread is very cool - mind you, I didn't ever hear of computing.net's forum... looks interesting, will put that on my short list. :-)

What makes me refrain from continue to use yahoo groups (formerly egroups IIRC) is the nags and the fact that the forums seem to be easily spammable. OK it's free, but there's far better quality and services one can get for free...

Regards,
Thomas
"It is not worth an intelligent man's time to be in the majority.
By definition, there are already enough people to do that"
- G.H. Hardy

BigWarpGuy

I like this forum the best; even better now that it is improved.  8)

I agree about Yahoo Groups. I have some groups there but none for OS/2-eCS. I have been turned off by the OS/2-eCS moderators and they are no where near as active as this one. Some of the Yahoo groups allow too many to spam it. The groups I have are regulated by me and only allow those who state they are interested in the subject of the group.  ;D I set my groups for approval before any one can join. There are those who were denied membership since they either did not mention why they wanted to join the group or did not mention anything related to the group.  8)

kim

Agree with the Yahoo groups, way too much spam are going in there now, I'm moderating some other non-os2 groups there and we have had to close them for open registration and starting to moderate the posts due to the spam posted. This is currently killing some of the groups that I liked so much and people are getting frustrated and trying to find new media to use. As Thomas say, quite a few of the os2 yahoo groups are either dead or only gets spam posted. Sadly.

BigWarpGuy

The forum that was at http://www.ecomstation.com is totally over run with spam. It is still there but not linked to from the eCS site. I am glad they dropped the link since it made eCS look bad.   :-[  I am glad this forum is regulated. I have seen other forums ruined due to too much off topic posts (in other than their 'off topic' section).