• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

eComStation 2.1 + Sigurd versus HP SLate 2 Touch PC

Started by Sigurd, 2012.01.29, 01:34:22

Previous topic - Next topic

wimpie

Quote from: Sigurd on 2012.02.10, 08:48:40
So, I will follow the path with a customized Warp 4 CD, I tried one of mine from 2001 created with UPDCD and NOT using "No emulation boot" (not using the memdisk method of Veith Kaennegießer), that went very quick through (without all this hangs and timeouts I described before)  till "can not operate hard disk" - what is no suprise at all because of the missing AHCI driver.

Hi Sigurd,

FWIW, I have created for myself a cd that boots eComStation without using the memdisk method of Veith  Kaennegießer into TShell (text only shell). I use this for maintenance purposes. This one boots from a normal atapi cd-rom (not a usb cd-rom) drive.

Another thought, if everything else fails. The HP Slate 2 has an SD card reader. May be you could try to boot from there?

Regards,
Wim.

Sigurd

Hi,

just for information: it seems to be impossible till now. I do not know exaclty what OS/2 eCS prevents here, but....

That is what it looks like with Virtual PC in Windows 7 (Virtualbox not possible because the ATOM Z670 is not compatible), no Touch working.

The Slate iteself is the first REALLY usable Slate to me, it is a bit slow but this "Slowleness" is something I do like more and more. It does not matter to me of the screen nedds 3 seconds to rotate or only 1. More important because it is "Fan less" I do can take and place it where I want and do not have to keep cooling stuff in mind :-)