• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

SPECIAL THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING:

Started by RobertM, 2007.10.30, 03:12:13

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertM

Hey all, I mentioned something similar in a Poll post, as Thomas (warpcafe) did in this post (General observation on the worldview of eCS)

So, I decided to start a list of all those whose efforts I appreciate in the eCS Development/Support community. Please add anyone who's efforts you appreciate, and a little about what they did to earn that appreciation (as my list is far from complete even from my own perspective).

In no particular order:

• Peter Weilbacher - for his wonderful enhanced Mozilla App ports
  • Mike Kaply - for his ongoing efforts and ports of the official Mozilla Builds
  • Paul Smedley - for too many ports to mention (including RxSQL, ffMPEG, VirtualBox, various games)
  • Evgeny Gorbunov - for numerous drivers and apps on eCoSoft
  • Kim Haverblad and the rest of the OS/2World Team - for keeping this wonderful place running
  • Netlabs - for their ongoing porting and hosting efforts for many packages I run
  • Mensys & BMTMicro - for maintaining and selling numerous OS/2 apps and utilities I cant do without
  • NUMEROUS people in these forums - for responding to questions and posts with thought out, helpful answers
  • Mark Dodel, Mike Greene, Martin Iturbide and many others - for keeping us up to date on numerous news items, software releases and more
  • The OS/2 Voice, BayWarp and SCOUG Groups - for their newsletters, and information & tips on OS/2
  • Peter Koller - for Maul and other utilities and apps.
  • Chuck McKinnis - for helping keep OS/2 able to connect to the world (NicPak) and for the eCS Maint Tool
  • Jan van Wijk - Making and maintaining versions of DFSee that work with, and on OS/2
  • Christian Langanke - for his works on NetLabs and the Wireless Lan Monitor, and numerous other apps and tools
  • Alex Taylor - For a large collection of tools, utilities and updated documentation
  • KO Myung-Hun - for a working mPlayer for OS/2 (UPDATED TODAY, BTW - CHECK HOBBES)

MY SINCERE THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR HELP, EFFORTS AND CONTRIBUTIONS!

And to many others that I can't remember at the moment...

-Robert

|
|
Kirk's 5 Year Mission Continues at:
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|

Saijin_Naib

Daniela Eglert (spelling?): Dani drivers, the only way we can use eCS on modern IDE and SATA setups.
Marty Amodeo: MrMessage, one of the only Oscar clients in eCS's future
Paul Ratcliffe: Warpin contrib, TOP, Xworkplace contrib. All things that make using eCS easy and fluid.
Whoever wrote Arcview
Whoever did eStyler Lite
Whoever works on the OpenOffice port
Whoever works on ACPI

+Tons more I dont know by name.

Radek

Authors of Lucide - finally we have a usable, up to date, and quick .pdf viewer. Acrobat? Requiescat in pacem.
In fact, anyone who has written a good OS/2 app. Such people are many, too many to be all of them listed here  :)

melf

Willibald Meyer for his constant developemental efforts of GenMacWrapper.
/Mikael

miturbide

Hi

Mine isn't an individual list, but I will really like to thank all OS/2 Developers that are involved in open source projects. Their dedication to their projects had made a difference for the OS/2 Community.

My dream is to have someday a complete open source OS/2, not only to have the source code available to the public, but to completely have vendor independence and ensure the future of the platform. I even listed on my wiki a list of Open Source OS/2 projects hoping that possible someday can be made an open source distribution of OS/2.
Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Open Source Advocate

Skype - martiniturbide
Google Talk - martiniturbide@gmail.com

Bill

As a dedicated lurker this is my first try at submitting a comment but I just have to acknowledge all those of you who can and do write the programs, without which I would no longer be using what is the best opsys I have ever used.  I expect to be using it for some time yet, so again my thanks to all those listed earlier and keep up the good work.

regards,   Bill Scarlett