• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Trying out Lenovo Thinkpad L420

Started by miturbide, 2012.02.03, 23:06:48

Previous topic - Next topic

miturbide

I got a Lenovo Thinkpad L420 at my office and I had installed it eComStation 2.1.

Machine: Lenovo L420 - 7856-3WS
i5-2410M(2.30GHz), 4GB RAM, 500GB 7200rpm, HD 14in 1366x768 LCD, Intel HD Graphics, CDRW/DVDRW, Intel 802.11agn wireless WWAN, Option Bluetooth, 1Gb Ethernet, UltraNav, Secure Chip, Fingerprint reader, Camera 6c, Li-Ion

Processor: i5-2410M(2.30GHz)
Seems to run fin. ACPI /SMP recognize 4 proc.

Audio :Intel Cougar Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller
Recognized as Intel ID 2805. It still don't sound. I need to keep tweaking UniAud.

Video: Intel Sandy Bridge-MB GT2 - Integrated Graphics Controller
Panorama includes on eComStation + the Intel widescreen activator seems good enough to run at 1366x768

Wireless: Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 AGN 2x2 HMC
It seems that we don't have drivers to make this one work. Any help/comments will be appreciated.

Network Card: RealTek Semiconductor RTL8168D/8111D PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
Etherner seems to run ok with the realktek driver that cames on eCS 2.1

Extra Buttons: On Screen
OnScreen tool seems to work with the volume up, down buttons and the thinkvantage button.

Mouse: Trackpoint / Ultranav
I can not make it work. I'm using a external USB mose. Any hint will be apreciated.
I had switched back to IBM Single Mouse Driver to make the USB mouse works. Amouse seems to break the mouse, the mouse moves but it don't click.

Tricks to run eCS 2.1 installation
- Enable Moden Hardware ACPI
- Enable AHCI.

I have it on dual boot with Windows 7 with Windows boot loader.

Any hints with the trackpoint and wireless card will be apreciated.

Thanks

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Open Source Advocate

Skype - martiniturbide
Google Talk - martiniturbide@gmail.com

DougB

QuoteAny hints with the trackpoint and wireless card will be apreciated.

That is a bug in the eCS 2.1 installer. It places MOUSE.SYS  in CONFIG.SYS, along with the AMOUSE version of USBMOUSE.SYS. The result is that click does not work. Change the MOUSE.SYS line to the AMOUSE.SYS line (probably there, but REMed).