• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

ClamAV GUI version 2.4.1d

Started by CDRWSel, 2012.02.05, 19:32:58

Previous topic - Next topic

onlineuser2

Installed. Tested. It works fine.
Thanks Remy
Onlineuser2

CDRWSel

Hi,

Be carefull, I just downloaded drman 1.2.3 zip file from hobbes and this one is infected !

Stan

This "infection" was reported to me, and I promptly tried to verify the problem.
I downloaded drman-1.2.3.zip to my WinXP partition and ran the AVG virus detector.
Result: no infection.  I then ran the Microsoft Win Malicous Removal tool .
Result: no infection.
If there is any other reliable way to test this package I would like to know how to test .
By the way, the part of the package that has been reported to be infected is the
REXXLIB.DLL, not my drman.exe program.
I would appreciate any feedback on this problem.
Stan Pokorney
pokorney@insightbb.com

DougB

QuoteBe carefull, I just downloaded drman 1.2.3 zip file from hobbes and this one is infected !

I would guess that there is a 99% chance that it is a false positive. It should be submitted to the ClamAV team for analysis, so they can correct their database, and eliminate the false positive (or, verify that there really is a problem). The main problem there is that they probably don't even know what OS/2 is, so they will have no way to actually verify that the dll is, or is not, defective.

Over the years, I have seen a few OS/2 programs show as being infected, but the reality is, that they have all been false positives. Windows programs, on the other hand, run at less than 1% false positives. The rest are true positives.

CDRWSel

File tested under windows.
Norton scan = ok
ClamWIN (windows version of clamav) same virus found. It looks to be a faulse FOUND message.

File sent to ClamAV support team

Submission completed!
drman-1.2.3.zip has been successfully sent to the CVD maintainer team...

RD

Note: I just following nice site to check if a found infection is real or not. The uploaded file is scanned by many anti virus tools
          http://virusscan.jotti.org

Here is its result:

Stan

I uploaded the REXXLIB.DLL to the site mentioned, and out of 20 antivirus programs only CLAMAV claimed  the dll file was infected. Since windows antivirus programs, and 19 of the Linux antivirus programs found no infection in the dll I would think that the CLAMAV team would make an early determination of the state of this file.

Stan Pokorney

CDRWSel

Next ClamAV-GUI will be V3 including major changes/updates...

Note: following list of changes may differ from final GA release
 * Added option to use system log path or log path under ClamAV
 * Database message no more issued if correct database files are found under a different location
    than default expected path    
 * Added new icon (floppy, network drive, USB drive, Removable drive, RAM drive, AEFS drive)
 * Added left/right drive icon shift option to view up to 26 drives  
 * Added use of rxlvm.dll
 * Trying to identify type of drives (HDD,CD,NETWORK,USB,RAMFS..) through lvm or out of lvm with no USB
 * Added new option "[] All" to get floppy as elligible device (as seen by OS/2 - eCS)
 * Added View menu option
 * Added Drive refresh under view option
 * Added colored menu examples under view option (blue, red, orange, purple, green kaki)
 * Added Default initial menu design under view option
 * language files updated
 * Color batch files removed
 * Some Unixroot requirements removed (ClamAV 0.97.3 (WPI) doesn't require unixroot - previous build need it)

Tests are in progress.
For those interesting into testing latest v3 test build before GA could send me an email from under my
web link (it would be interresting to check how it works under system having attached network drives, ram drive, usb keys...)

PREREQ: You should have one of following package installed: ClamAV RPM/YUM or ClamAV as WPI/ZIP  

cheers/2
Remy

Stan

Some more info on the "infected" REXXLIB.DLL in my drman-1.2.3.zip package:

I uploaded the REXXLIB.DLL from the pmm2moz.zip package from os2site.com to the site Remy mentioned, and this file was also reported as infected by CLAMAV. The other 19 antivirus programs said that it was not infected. This file has a date of  10/03/95. I wonder when the w32.virt.gen.d161 virus was discovered.

Also, (there is always an also) when will CLAMAV investigate this file to clear up the issue?
I know that I am not the only one waiting for a resolution.
Stan Pokorney

CDRWSel

Hi Stan,

I hope they will do it soon.
I informed them about the false report. There is FM2UTILS which has the same problem...

This false "found" should not stop using drman which is very useful to read linux manuals...
Thanks.

Remy   

CDRWSel

Some news about progress on ClamAV-GUI V3

About changes:
   * Added option to use system log path or user set logpath (default is systel log path)
   * Freshclam config file is updated to use same log path as clamscan or clamdscan
   * Database message no more issued if correct database files are found under a different location
   * Database message no more issued if user forced database location into a different directory despite no database exist
   * To specify a user database path (no files), overwrite existing entry. If the path exist, yellow led is on else led is red
     (Only one directory level is created by clamavgui at save time).
   * FOUND button is available until all found viruses aren't REMOVED or MOVED for a given scan.
   * Added new icon (ramfs, floppy, network fs etc...)
   * Removed CLAMAV.DLL path initial installation popup menu
   * Added popup message if ClamAV.dll didn't reply clamavgui queries due to dll not loaded nor into libpath.
   * Improved ClamAV version wpi installed detection
   * Now use of system programs path variable to set initial default Clamav path if no unixroot or WPI installed
   * Added use of rxlvm.dll
   * Trying to identify type of drives (HDD,CD,NETWORK,USB,RAMFS..) through lvm or out of lvm with no USB
   * Added new option to get floppy as elligible device (as seen by OS/2 - eCS)
   * Added View menu option
   * Added Drive refresh under view option
   * Added colored menu examples under view option
   * Added Default initial menu design under view option
   * Initial clamavgi.ini is now created under program path
   * Log files have now a readable time into logname
   * Exclude list can be added into clamd* config file too using input stream as is
   * Changed defaults: "Warnings off" on and "Drives: Used" selected
   * language files updated
   * Color batch files removed
   * Corrected new added shadow of pdf files under doc folder. Now, replacing existing.
   * Corrected desktop ClamAV-GUI program object to always use existing one during version update
   * WPI changed to put all ClamAV-GUI under its own folder instead of ClamAV.
   * Updated clamrib xpi for thunderbird to allow installation up to thunderbird 10.1.99
   * Changed used icon size when in nnx1024 screen size (rendering should be better)

Note:
About clamav 0.97.3, it is much more stable with new
ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/odin/test/libc064_test_1.zip

Cheers/2
Remy  

CDRWSel

Hi!

Does anybody well know js
the thunderbird add-on uses the "STREAM" option with Clamd and it would be nice this be replace by the new INSTREAM option.

Cheers/2
Remy     

CDRWSel