• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Panorama driver and wide resolutions

Started by Carlo_Warp, 2012.03.22, 16:38:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlo_Warp

Could you please let me know which graphic cards are supported by the "widescreen activator driver" of Panorama?

I purchased a second hand ATI x700 video card, but it is not compatible with the ASUS Sabertooth 990FX mainboard.

Thank you in advance.

Carlo

melf

Check this page http://en.ecomstation.ru/projects/panorama/?action=down . Scroll down to widescreen activators. I guess you ought download the packages and check what is supported.
/Mikael

miturbide

There is the activator for ATI and Intel. I had used the Intel one without any issue.

I wonder if there is something that can help me to have basic widescreen resolution on Nvidia card. I have eCs 2.1 on a machine that has a Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 and I can not have 1920x1080 resolution it supports.

That also makes me wonder what about the HDMI audio output that this kind of card have. Anybody has experience trying to make them work?
Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Open Source Advocate

Skype - martiniturbide
Google Talk - martiniturbide@gmail.com

abwillis

Quote from: miturbide on 2012.03.22, 21:06:28
There is the activator for ATI and Intel. I had used the Intel one without any issue.
I wonder if there is something that can help me to have basic widescreen resolution on Nvidia card. I have eCs 2.1 on a machine that has a Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 and I can not have 1920x1080 resolution it supports.
That also makes me wonder what about the HDMI audio output that this kind of card have. Anybody has experience trying to make them work?
No experience with the audio but unless something has recently been released there is no NVIDIA widescreen activator.

Blonde Guy

I contacted the widescreen activator author and no nvidia activator is possible.  :(
Expert Consulting for OS/2 and eComStation

miturbide

:'(
My short term hopes are on the Mensys version of SNAP.
Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Open Source Advocate

Skype - martiniturbide
Google Talk - martiniturbide@gmail.com

ivan

Quote from: Blonde Guy on 2012.03.23, 04:37:04
I contacted the widescreen activator author and no nvidia activator is possible.  :(
That effectively makes it useless for about half of all modern motherboards.

ivan