• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

ACPI version 3.19.15 released.

Started by miturbide, 2012.02.17, 18:11:03

Previous topic - Next topic

miturbide

http://www.os2world.com/content/view/21439/2/
QuotePosted by Martin Iturbide - Tuesday, 07 February 2012

Mensys . .. .

I had been testing ACPI 3.19.15 on a Lenovo L420. In general terms it seems stable and didn't give any boot problem or strange message.
The only two things:

• - I rushed to make a install it with the WPI installer before reading the readme. The baterry widget stopped working. So after reading the readme I disable all the stuff on the config sys and reinstalled it. The widget started to work.
  • - The "ACPI Power" icon made on the desktop folder by the installer is not pointing to the right path /ecs/bin, but that is a simple error on the WarpIn script.

I still need to test further the standby/resume function. It only worked one time. With  Fn+F4 it standby the machine, but the resume didn't worked, it shut down the computer. But I still need to try the "/VBE" switch.
Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Open Source Advocate

Skype - martiniturbide
Google Talk - martiniturbide@gmail.com

DougB

QuoteI had been testing ACPI 3.19.15 on a Lenovo L420. In general terms it seems stable and didn't give any boot problem or strange message.

I have a Lenovo ThinkPad T510, and I can say that overall, it works pretty good, but I still can't get my realtek WiFi to go. That seems to be a problem where GENMAC doesn't get the IRQ that everything else says it has. We desperately need MultiMac to support these things.

QuoteThe baterry widget stopped working. So after reading the readme I disable all the stuff on the config sys and reinstalled it. The widget started to work.

I just installed over the old ACPI on my main machine (Asus M3A78-EM ith quad core AMD Phenom processor). It all worked okay, but I later realized that there was a LOT of junk left over from the older ACPI. The Reactor temperature widget has never worked on that machine, but I discovered that if I select the Asus P5B motherboard setting in the widget properties, it does work.

For the T510, I uninstalled ACPI, using WarpIn, cleaned up the left overs, and installed ACPI 3.19.15 new. The battery widget works fine, but the Reactor Temperature widget tells me that the machine is at 429496456 C. I suspect that that isn't quite right, since I am still here. I did try the old Thermal.EXE program, and it tells me the proper information, so it seems to be a widget problem.

QuoteThe "ACPI Power" icon made on the desktop folder by the installer is not pointing to the right path /ecs/bin, but that is a simple error on the WarpIn script.

I see that too. Yes, it is an error in the way it is done.

QuoteI still need to test further the standby/resume function.

On the T510, it looks like standby works okay, for me, but resume is a no go. I think it actually does the resume, but it never turns the screen backlight on, so I can't tell for sure.

miturbide

Thanks for the reply DougB

Quote from: DougB on 2012.02.17, 19:30:06
On the T510, it looks like standby works okay, for me, but resume is a no go. I think it actually does the resume, but it never turns the screen backlight on, so I can't tell for sure.

I just tested the "/VBE" switch and I'm having the exact problem. Standby works, but resume turn the machine on and never turns the backlight on.
Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Open Source Advocate

Skype - martiniturbide
Google Talk - martiniturbide@gmail.com

dryeo

Quote from: DougB on 2012.02.17, 19:30:06
QuoteI had been testing ACPI 3.19.15 on a Lenovo L420. In general terms it seems stable and didn't give any boot problem or strange message.
The Reactor temperature widget has never worked on that machine, but I discovered that if I select the Asus P5B motherboard setting in the widget properties, it does work.

Off topic but I've been wondering about the Reactor widget. All it ever reports is that my reactor is hot. Should it be reporting the actual temperature? I'd think setting it to Asus P5B would work as I have a Asus P5BE-VM motherboard.

DougB

QuoteShould it be reporting the actual temperature?

Yes, it will report the temperature in Fahrenheit, or Celsius according to your selection. The ACPI standard setting probably won't work with a lot of Asus motherboards. Mine is an Asus M3A78-EM with quad core AMD Phenom processor, and it works with the P5B setting. It does not work with ACPI standard.