• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Flash Plugin Wrapper for eComStation Beta 1 available

Started by CDRWSel, 2012.02.18, 09:48:15

Previous topic - Next topic

CDRWSel

http://www.os2world.com/content/view/21476/2/
QuotePosted by Martin Iturbide - Thursday, 16 February 2012

Mensys. .. .

I'm in SMP mode.
Video start to play but after 10 to 25 seconds, it stops to play due video stream isn't downloaded.
In fact, the network connection is lost and REBOOT is required !

Trying setup under a prompt os/2 window, show that only local host ip@ is available.
This problem occurs each time.

It looks like the flash works ok for video less than 10seconds play time.
Any suggestion to correct this .

Note: Tried the tcpip32.dll safe but it gives the same result.
Cheers/2

Pete

Hi

Sounds like the problem(s) with SMP have not been resolved yet... - saves me the hassle of installing and trying this build of flash I guess  :-)

You could try setting the browser as MPUNSAFE using markexe.exe (from the os/2 toolkit) and see if that helps.

Regards

Pete

Sassy

According about:plugins (Firefox 10 for OS/2)

Shockwave Flash

File: npflos2.dll
Version: 0.3.1.0
Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102

I require Flash11.1  to upgrade :'(

http://ameblo.jp/ecomstation/entry-11167902956.html

dryeo

Quote from: CDRWSel on 2012.02.18, 09:48:15
http://www.os2world.com/content/view/21476/2/
QuotePosted by Martin Iturbide - Thursday, 16 February 2012

Mensys. .. .

I'm in SMP mode.
Video start to play but after 10 to 25 seconds, it stops to play due video stream isn't downloaded.
In fact, the network connection is lost and REBOOT is required !

Trying setup under a prompt os/2 window, show that only local host ip@ is available.
This problem occurs each time.

It looks like the flash works ok for video less than 10seconds play time.
Any suggestion to correct this .

Have you tried the test libc064.dll?

CDRWSel

David McKenna

Here: ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/odin/test/libc064_test_1.zip

Remove the http://.... for some reason that is added on automatically - very annoying.

aschn

David,

Quote from: David McKenna on 2012.02.19, 15:42:31
  Here: ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/odin/test/libc064_test_1.zip

Remove the http://.... for some reason that is added on automatically - very annoying.

using the Hyperlink environment for posting URLs works:

[url]ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/odin/test/libc064_test_1.zip[/url]

ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/odin/test/libc064_test_1.zip

CDRWSel

Thanks,

I did the test and now, i have the hang at nearly 2 mns of the video.
(before it was nearly 10 to 20 seconds from start)

Cheers/2
Remy

abwillis

Remy, which version of Odin are you using?  The SMP issues should be resolved in Odin 0.8.3.  If you are using 0.8.3 and still having the hang... run mpunsafe on the firefox (or seamonkey) executable and try again.  If mpunsafe corrects the problem then a ticket will need to be opened on the issue but I haven't seen the SMP issues here since the change to the GCC compiler (the 0.8.X series).
Andy

diver

also make sure you have only the libc063 from the libc064 package installed. a mixed libc063 libc064 leads to problems. and with the libc064 mentioned earlier you don't need old complete libc063 anymore.

CDRWSel

I installed all pre-requisits (odin 0.8.3 etc...)

How to use mpunsafe ? I do not know it

DougB

Quotealso make sure you don't have only the libc063 from the libc064 package installed. a mixed libc063 libc064 leads to problems. and with the libc064 mentioned earlier you don't need old complete libc063 anymore.

Now that is a very confusing statement.

I am using the libc064 package, overwritten with the contents of libc064_test_1.zip. Overall, it seems to work a LOT better than the original libc064 package. However, it still seems that there is something different about using the old libc063.dll, compared to using the forwarder dll supplied with libc064. That should never be the case since older programs may depend on certain things happening (even if it is a bug). If a program needs some support in the libc064 package, it should be compiled to use libc064, and not libc063, depending on some bug being fixed, because that fixed bug is breaking support for other programs.

I am also using ODIN 0.8.3, which seems to work okay with FLASH 11, however, I just had an "interesting" problem. I viewed a FLASH movie in Firefox. It played well. Then, I used Pronews to look at the news groups (Firefox was still open in the background, and it was not on the page where the FLASH video was). Pronews couldn't access one of the servers (it happens every once in a while), and kept trying, while I looked at the rest. Usually, I can just close Pronews, and it tries again the next time I open it. Today, Pronews would not close, until I killed it. Then, I noticed that only the first, of four, processors was showing any activity. The rest were at 0.0%, which only happens when all but one processor is disabled. That condition persisted until I closed Firefox (and FLASH 11 with it). I never knowingly set FLASH, or Firefox, to use only one processor, and even if I did, past experience shows that it doesn't always use only one processor, it moves around between them.  Now that I started Firefox again, the system is back to using only the first processor. This is not good.

DougB

Hmmm. Even MORE interesting:

After I posted the previous message, I left the os2world.com web site, and all processors turned on again. I did not, knowingly use FLASH. When I came back to os2world.com, three of the processors went to 0.0% activity, and stayed there until I left os2world.com. I then closed Firefox, removed the FLASH plugin files, started Firefox again, and came back to os2world.com. All processors showed activity, until I logged in to post this message. Now, it is back to 0.0% on three of the processors.

This gets even stranger. I opened a new tab, and went elsewhere. All processors showed activity. I left that tab open, and came back to os2world.com. Only one processor is active.

Very strange. Anybody know what is going on?

abwillis

Quote from: CDRWSel on 2012.02.20, 19:02:43
I installed all pre-requisits (odin 0.8.3 etc...)

How to use mpunsafe ? I do not know it
I mixed the executable name and the operation:
[d:\]e:\OS2TK45\bin\markexe.exe /?
Operating System/2 Executable File Attribute Utility
Version 4.00.004 Oct  4 2001Usage: MARKEXE [/?] [/Q] [FORCE] [NO] [option] filename...
Valid options are:
       <SNIP>
        MPUNSAFE        - multi-processor unsafe application

e.g.:
markexe mpunsafe firefox.exe
I have a copy of markexe from the OS2 Toolkit... I think it is available else-wise but not sure off the top of my head.

diver

Quote from: DougB on 2012.02.20, 19:17:51
Hmmm. Even MORE interesting:

After I posted the previous message, I left the os2world.com web site, and all processors turned on again. I did not, knowingly use FLASH. When I came back to os2world.com, three of the processors went to 0.0% activity, and stayed there until I left os2world.com. I then closed Firefox, removed the FLASH plugin files, started Firefox again, and came back to os2world.com. All processors showed activity, until I logged in to post this message. Now, it is back to 0.0% on three of the processors.

This gets even stranger. I opened a new tab, and went elsewhere. All processors showed activity. I left that tab open, and came back to os2world.com. Only one processor is active.

Very strange. Anybody know what is going on?

this has for sure nothing to do with flash. this is a acpi feature, if it's enabled. acpi does that when nothing is happening on the system.