• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Where are Open Office source files?

Started by os2monkey, 2012.03.03, 11:50:17

Previous topic - Next topic

hecom

After experimenting with different versions of those dll, the best result I managed to get so far is the following message:

The application cannot be started.
exception occured raising singleton
"/singletons/com.sun.star.deployment.ExtensionManager":
loading component library failed:
file://F:/(...)/OPENOFFICE.ORG%203/PROGRAM/../program/deploy.dll

ALT

Quote from: Pete on 2012.04.18, 19:18:59
Not spotted in the various readme files included with this build.

It looks like, from an earlier post in this discussion, that the dll files may be somewhere on netlabs. I've not spotted them though.

Peter, the ReadMe.TXT file I got with it says the following:

- the following packages must be installed (dll only)
   libc 0.6.4
   gcc 4.4.6
   gcc 4.4.4
   ssl
   curl
   jpeg
   xslt
   libicu
   z
   xml2
   stdcpp
   mmap
   pthread
   urpo

These files can be installed with the following command:

yum install libc gcc-4.4.4 gcc-4.4.6 openssl curl libjpeg libxslt libicu zlib libxml2 stdpp mmap pthread urpo gcc-stdc++-shared-library

if you have a valid rpm/yum installation.
Otherwise you can grab the corresponding zip files from

http://rpm.netlabs.org/release/00/zip/

Only the dlls are needed.

That said, hunting down and extracting them all is a bit of a PITA so I bundled them up here:
http://www.altsan.org/os2/ooo34prev_reqdll.zip

It should be noted that this version does not fix the log-less crash that occurs when trying to set the page properties or create a new business card document.

Pete

Hi Alex

Looks like there is an OS/2 specific readme missing from the package I downloaded then as searching through the 3 read*.txt files included only mentions something about requiring msvc90.dll and possible problems with mapi dll - both related to a windows installation.

As it seems likely that this version does not fix the myriad problems that I've experienced with OO3.x releases so far I'm not going to be pursuing this further. I can only hope that the problems get fixed before a GA - if not I will have to really consider whether to continue using an operating system that does not have a working "office package".

Regards

Pete

hecom

I have installed OO3.2 on a desktop computers and a laptop and I use them every day. It's very rarely crashes, maybe once every few months. It's stable like ver. oo3.1, 2.4, 1.15.
In version 3.2 missing a few filters (e.g. PCX) to import the graphics files.
In ver. oo3.4 Scalc is stable than other modules...

David McKenna

David McKenna

OK... had a chance to try it and this one seems better than the last. I was able to open files easily and print and save with no trouble. Help seems to work well and setting preferences. A little disappointed Java still does not work. The biggest issue so far is on program shutdown I always get some kind of POPUPLOG (not consistent) and sometimes it actually hard hangs the computer...

Pete

Hi David

I gave this build of OO a try as well.

Sorry to say there is no improvement over the earlier OO3 builds here - the application is unstable and crashes frequently.

Back to OO115 for Windows running using ar5os2.exe as this is the most stable and reliable OO available...

Regards

Pete