• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Where are Open Office source files?

Started by os2monkey, 2012.03.03, 11:50:17

Previous topic - Next topic

ydario

Quote from: melf on 2012.03.10, 19:13:28
The ic*.dlls pack is missing among the zip-packages. I took them from my OO32 and that worked fine.

thanks for spotting this, I have uploaded to netlabs also the latest zip files.

David McKenna

I installed everything using RPM/YUM (per the readme). I also downloaded all the zips mentioned and checked that I had all the dlls installed (I did). I also tried copying the icu*.dlls from version 3.2 into the new one but it made no difference - I got the same popuplog. OpenOffice is not in the LIBPATH or PATH environment, so I don't see how my installation of 3.2 could interfere. I checked for duplicate dlls on the LIBPATH and I did find one - C:\mmos2\dll\sw.dll exists and conflicts with a dll of the same name in OpenOffice, but I would think melf would have the same problem I have if that was the culprit. I'll keep searching...

David McKenna

BTW... I have only one partition - C: - and everything is installed there: RPM/YUM, eCS 2.1, and all apps.

melf

I dumped all the dlls in the OO program directory and it worked.
/Mikael

David McKenna

OK... duh!

I had the OpenOffice quick start running for 3.2. Turned that off and now 3.4 starts up. Now I'll lean on it a bit and see how it works.

BTW... will this work with the next Java6 when it comes out?

ALT

Incidentally, I tried running this snapshot a few days ago (as recommended in a ticket I have open), and while it runs, it crashes instantly when I try to go into a number of the properties/setup windows.

My POPUPLOG has this entry for every crash:

03-09-2012  15:42:24  SYS2070  PID 0178  TID 0001  Slot 009c
G:\OOO_3.4.0_OS2GCCI_INSTALL-ARC_EN-US\OPENOFFICE.ORG 3\PROGRAM\SOFFICE.BIN
SWUI->SW.__ZNK9SwFEShell10GetFrmTypeEPK5Pointh

I'll put this in my ticket as well, but just thought I'd mention it here in case others have seen it.

Pete

Hi All

Is there a new build of OO somewhere? - I ask in the hope that it may work as neither OO310/320 work without crashing constantly.

Regards

Pete

David McKenna

Pete,

There is a link to a dev build in Yuri's first post on this thread...

hecom

I copied all *. dll from folder OO3.2 different of the 3.4 ver., but I get a message on the ecs2.0 system:
Return code2
Failing module:MMAP
and:
Return code2
Failing module:JPEG
on the my ecs2.1 system
any suggestion
Regards
Davorin

Pete

Hi David

I've now downloaded and unzipped OOo_3.4.0_os2gcci_install-arc_en-US.zip

Sad to say that this is worse than previous builds as any attempt to get this running results in this message onscreen:-

Unable to start OpenOffice.org!
Execution failed! Contact technical support.
Return code: 2
Failing module:LIBXML2

Looks like there is at least 1 DLL file missing from the package as searching for LIBXML2* does not find any files with that filename in the OO340 directory tree.

I copied the LIBXML2.DLL file from my unreliable OO3.30 installation and tried again. The result suggests that more DLL files are missing:-

Unable to start OpenOffice.org!
Execution failed! Contact technical support.
Return code: 2
Failing module:ICUUC42

Guess I'll wait and see if OO340GA works...

Still using OO115 for Windows running via ar5os2.exe as that is the only version of OO that does not crash when I try to use it.

Regards

Pete

melf

Pete, you have to add a lot of dlls. This is mentioned in the readme, I think. I don't remember where I found them but that may also be in the readme. I don't have the installation left, I'll await the GA. Remember this is a "developer's snapshot". Don't know exactly what that means, but at least you should expect some troubles ;-) .
/Mikael

Pete

Hi melf

Not spotted in the various readme files included with this build.

It looks like, from an earlier post in this discussion, that the dll files may be somewhere on netlabs. I've not spotted them though.

I did try copying all ic*.dll files not present in 3.4.0 from 3.2.0 which now leaves me looking for jpeg.dll ... and possibly other files.

Guess I'll just wait for the GA and see if that works properly.

Regards

Pete

hecom

Hi Melf, Hi David
How do you manage to run an Open Office?
I spent the day trying to start oo3.4. After seeking additional DLL (jpeg.dll libxml2.dll icudt42.dll icuuc42.dll mmap.dll and pthr01.dll) I have a situation, that OO does not require other threads, but not even start.
regards
Davorin

dryeo

Seems to me having DLLs with names like jpeg.dll  and libxml2.dll is a recipe for disaster. How many versions of jpeg.dll are floating around and how many are incompatible with OO? eg the other day someone uploaded the glinks web browser along with it's dlls to hobbes. I'm pretty sure that includes a jpeg.dll built with emx so if that one is already loaded OO will crash. Libpathstrict or RUN! should workaround the issue though.

melf

Quote from: hecom on 2012.04.18, 21:45:53
Hi Melf, Hi David
How do you manage to run an Open Office?
I spent the day trying to start oo3.4. After seeking additional DLL (jpeg.dll libxml2.dll icudt42.dll icuuc42.dll mmap.dll and pthr01.dll) I have a situation, that OO does not require other threads, but not even start.
regards
Davorin

In fact I didn't do anything special. I downloaded the required dlls (from where I  do not remember..) and dropped them all in the oo3.4 program directory. It worked directly. However I deleted it the same day, so I can't help you more than that.

/M
/Mikael