• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

IBM OS/2 Flyer 1993 - 1999 as PDF

Started by Sigurd, 2012.03.09, 10:14:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Sigurd

Hi,

for whom it may be of interest: as the OS/2 time is slowly coming to an end for me (possibly switching to Apple as my kids already did) I decided to scan and upload to hobbes as large PDF files the following IBM flyers (Please look for : OS2FLYER.ZIP):

- Warp 3 (1994) German
- Warp 3 connect (1995) German
- Warp 4 (1996) German
- Warp Server 4 (1996) German
- Warp Server 4 Advanced (1996) German
- Warp Server for e-business (1999) ENGLISH

Personally I think this Flyers look really pretty and I hope you have fun! Reminding the old "real" OS/2 days.... ;-)

miturbide

Thank you very much Sigurd. I really liked that brochures.
Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Open Source Advocate

Skype - martiniturbide
Google Talk - martiniturbide@gmail.com

miturbide

ok, here goes one of OS/2 Warp 4 in spanish.
Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Open Source Advocate

Skype - martiniturbide
Google Talk - martiniturbide@gmail.com

os2monkey

Quote from: Sigurd on 2012.03.09, 10:14:31
possibly switching to Apple as my kids already did

Ack :o!!
Sorry i'm a bit anti apple these days.

I would recommend looking into PCLinuxOS.
It's where I would be if I didn't opt for ECS.
Really good linux distro - it's a rolling release so as long as you keep it up to date regularly then you never have to reinstall to a new "version" like other distros.
The community there is really good too.

Just out of curiosity what's making you move away from ECS?

os2monkey

Another funny thing I was thinking the other day.. I love IBM and their products probably more then they ever liked themselves.
They have a long line of abandoned products that could have changed the world if only they had believed in themselves as much as other people did.

Sigurd

Quote from: os2monkey on 2012.03.24, 05:32:44
Quote from: Sigurd on 2012.03.09, 10:14:31
possibly switching to Apple as my kids already did

Ack :o!!
Sorry i'm a bit anti apple these days.

I would recommend looking into PCLinuxOS.
It's where I would be if I didn't opt for ECS.
Really good linux distro - it's a rolling release so as long as you keep it up to date regularly then you never have to reinstall to a new "version" like other distros.
The community there is really good too.

Just out of curiosity what's making you move away from ECS?

Hi,

well mostly I did use my "enhanced" Warp 4 (powered by ecomstation ;-) ) but to make the answer short:

- No WLAN Support for Adapters build since 2007 (so for modern notebooks eCS is still Dead for me, sorry)
- Heat Management (I do really appreciate all the great work D. Azariewicz is doing and has done, wish we had started this way 2004, but now - it is hard)

Yes, I know about a lot of the restrictions that come with Apple - but what I have learned from the Kids hardware (i-mac and mac book air) - you just turn it on and it runs.... So fast, so quiet.
It is very easy to add Windows 7 with Bootcamp, but the kids prefer to use Mac OS X.

Sometimes I am just a bit tired to find ways to support this or that with ecs or OS/2. It was allways a hobby for me and it will stay as this, but with less time to try something with it.