• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Return of a prodigal son.

Started by madcrow, 2007.11.08, 20:18:24

Previous topic - Next topic

madcrow

Back in the 90s, at the ripe old age of nine, I was a (not exactly_ grilled OS/2 evangelist loudly proclaiming the advantages of my (father's) chosen Operating System compared to all who would listen. My peers thought me odd. My teachers were amazed that I could even hold (much less READ) OS/2 2.1 Unleashed. I had access to all sorts of cool games like GalCiv 2 and (later) Trials of Battle that everybody liked but nobody else could play. All was right with the world. But the world changed. First the arrival of Windows 95 killed DOS games and I could no longer play the latest games against my buddies. Then the small trickle of OS/2 games dried up. Then this thing called Linux started looking really cool... Suddenly, I was a Windoze (for games)/Linux(everything else plus still more games) dual booter. OS/2 fell by the wayside. Now, thanks to the magical powers of virtualization, I have rejoined the OS/2 faithful (albeit without Trials of Battle, which I seem to have lost the CD for). Will you welcome me back?

(Posted from Firefox on OS/2 Warp 4.52)

miturbide

Sure you are Welcome.

In the case that you were a developer, you are more than welcome  ;)
Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Open Source Advocate

Skype - martiniturbide
Google Talk - martiniturbide@gmail.com

DavidG

Welcome back young Jedi.  You should have a wealth of experience and knowledge to share with the rest of us when that knowledge is needed.

madcrow

Quote from: miturbide on 2007.11.08, 22:37:05
Sure you are Welcome.

In the case that you were a developer, you are more than welcome  ;)
I wrote a guess the number game in REXX does thaty count?

kim

Welcome back and to a great community!

Saijin_Naib

Yah, this community is pretty great. They tolerate me :o

shiz0rat

Quote from: madcrow on 2007.11.08, 20:18:24
Suddenly, I was a Windoze (for games)/Linux(everything else plus still more games) dual booter.
By the way, what kind of Windows was on your PC? Are you need it yet? I need w2k Pro (English or German) in the box (may be wrapped). Other versions (from 1 to 7; in any language, including Japanese) not needed really, but I ready to get it with pleasure (for researching in VirtualPC).