• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

OpenOffice.org 2.0 for eComStation and OS/2 WPS integration package available

Started by Andi710, 2007.11.19, 06:40:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Andi710

Be ware to install the package into the right directory. The preconfigured directory doesn't work! It has to be the same as OOo was installed to. Read a first look into the package at my website at http://andreas-ludwig.info.

Have fun
Andreas

melf

Thanks Andreas! Followed your guide and that was better. Well OOwpsintegration works quite good. Very handy to print a document by just right clicking and press print, missed it since IBM works. Next release I hope one also can preview other documents than the native OO2.0:s. At least I can't preview *.doc, *.xls, *.sxc and so on, while printing works.
/Mikael

Ben

The Open Office WPS integration caused some problems here and I had to back out of it.

I haven't gotten around to making a report yet, but it's on the list of things to do.

PMMail would no longer start and would eventually hang the WPS, WPTools could no longer complete and a couple of lesser things that elude me at the moment.

I'm hanging off until it's a bit more refined.

Andi710

Now the question is: What is so special about my system that this time it works BETTER than everybody else's (usually I have trouble that nobody can reproduce ;o)

Cheers
Andreas

abwillis

Checkini hangs system, opening template folder hangs system, installing another class failed.  Removing ooowps cleared them all up.  I then cleaned the ini files by running checkini, cleanini, and xfix.  Reinstalling ooowps resulted again in the same problems.

radutrm

Hello All,

I've hesitated before asking the question, but: shouldn't be the source code available too for download && for being built by the brave ones ?  ( I mean platform OO code, not WPS integration and other extra).
I've checked a little on OpenOffice.org and found nothing.

Thanks!

Radu

abwillis

I believe the code is available.  I read through some of the OpenOffice mailing list archives and saw where the OS/2 diffs were being added to the repository.
Andy

mmmgggg

I had the same problems with OOOWPS as Ben and AbWillis: crash with PMMAil etc
I threw it out using Warpin. But (my clumsiness?) had to re-install OOO.
mg

Thomas

Hello Andreas,
which directory did you install OOOWPS-Integration-package to?
OOO/2 created its own directory called X:/OpenOffice.org.2.0.
I myself created an installation-directory called X:/OpenOffice20 as a installation-directory and a working-directory called Z:/OpenOffice20.
So by now  am quite confused which directory to choose.
Thanks in advance for hints.
Thomas

Thomas

Hello Ben,
the latest beta of PMMail from VOICE does not crash when using OOOWPS (just in case you are thinking of becoming a VOICE-member).
Thomas

Andi710

Quote from: Thomas on 2007.11.24, 17:45:37
which directory did you install OOOWPS-Integration-package to?

You need to install the package into the same directory as OOo. This is the directory with the following contents (except of read1wps.txt which is part of the ooowps package):

help                           │ SUBDIR │29.05.07│ 21:57
icons                          │ SUBDIR │29.05.07│ 21:56
licenses                       │ SUBDIR │29.05.07│ 21:58
presets                        │ SUBDIR │29.05.07│ 21:57
program                        │ SUBDIR │17.11.07│ 13:11
readmes                        │ SUBDIR │29.05.07│ 21:58
share                          │ SUBDIR │29.05.07│ 21:57
associations.cmd               │     1.106│06.05.07│ 22:18
LICENSE.html                   │    26.950│20.10.06│ 16:46
LICENSE.TXT                    │    24.578│26.10.06│  0:45
license1.html                  │    26.642│11.11.06│ 17:34
read1st.txt                    │     6.649│16.05.07│ 17:36
read1wps.txt                   │     2.984│17.11.07│  0:04
README.html                    │    10.276│20.10.06│ 16:46
README.TXT                     │    10.970│26.10.06│  0:45
THIRDPARTYLICENSEREADME.html   │   214.456│20.10.06│ 16:46

In the end you should have the following dll in the subdirectoy \program.
ooodoc.dll                     │   649.720│13.11.07│ 16:46

The point is that this dll has the path to soffice.bin hardcoded to ..\program\soffice.bin. So if the binary is somewhere else relative to the install dir of ooodoc.dll, OpenOffice will not be started.

Hope it helps, I guess you saw the little review on my website already?
http://andreas-ludwig.info/index.php?page=ooo-wps-integration

Cheers
Andreas

Ben

Quote from: Thomas on 2007.11.24, 17:50:59
Hello Ben,
the latest beta of PMMail from VOICE does not crash when using OOOWPS (just in case you are thinking of becoming a VOICE-member).
Thomas
Hail, Thomas.

I've been keeping an eye on the upcoming version of PMMail/2, and I've been thinking about getting a copy when released. Now, V.O.I.C.E. makes it clear that,
(at this point anyway), it is meant to be for members only. Further; for existing members, it has a relatively low purchase price and pre-existing members get it for free, the purchase of the software source having been paid through their past dues. I do not see anything wrong with that. So, while I like the idea of joining V.O.I.C.E., but there isn't quite enough in there to pull me in, so the total cost of PMMail/2 to me, at least at this point, is too steep.

I'd love to support the new version, but money, as always to us profane, is a consideration.

There is talk of the beta going public, but at this point, no action has been taken and even the talk has stopped. However, I'm hoping that the present solid, purchasing setup will gain a bit of flexibility in the future.

Blonde Guy

Sorry for the topic drift, but I'd like to point out that VOICE membership is subject to a senior discount. Like you, I hope that money won't keep PMMail users away, but I recognize that, in the material world, money is a factor.
Expert Consulting for OS/2 and eComStation