• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Need to create a REXX script for crawling a directory tree...

Started by NNYITGuy, 2012.05.16, 06:06:40

Previous topic - Next topic

NNYITGuy

I would like to hire out a small job in REXX script development.

I need a script that can crawl through a directory tree and search with a specific set of file masks and then launch an external script as a separate task to complete another task. Then return to the calling script and continue the crawl to the end of the tree repeating the search and external script launching. I would like to also have a log created in the base directory that contained the found file masks and the resulting return code after launching the external script.

Please respond initially here to this post if you are interested in this development project. Additional project spec and job cost can be discussed via email.

Thank you for your time and consideration with my request!

-Todd
Todd J Simpson (IT Consultant)
Business Automation Technologies
(Professional Products and Services.  Business to Business...)

herwigb

Kind regards,
HerwigB.

jep

Hello,

I'm interested as well, please do send me more info about the specs to jan-erik.larka@os2world.com

Wkr
//Jan-Erik Lärka

RobertM

Ugh - you two beat me to it. Ironically, I just finished such a script to back up and compress my web server's SQL databases (they exceed 2GB, and besides the fact that the ZIP utility seems to take forever when that's the case, I really need each database individually zipped for easy restoration if the need arises).

-R

|
|
Kirk's 5 Year Mission Continues at:
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|