• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

ACPI package 3.21.02 has been released

Started by miturbide, 2012.09.14, 21:06:00

Previous topic - Next topic

miturbide

http://www.os2world.com/content/view/21967/1/
QuotePosted by Martin Iturbide - Friday, 07 September 2012

David A. .. .

I just tried this release of ACPI on the Thinkpad R51 (1838-PS0) and the standy mode is working. It goes to sleep with fn+F4 and it restarts with the power button. The wireless has to be turned off and turned on again once it gets back from the standy by.
Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Open Source Advocate

Skype - martiniturbide
Google Talk - martiniturbide@gmail.com

abwillis

I also found that Jan's pmtposd2 works on my Z61m (shows where the hardware volume and brightness).

DougB

QuoteI just tried this release of ACPI on the Thinkpad R51 (1838-PS0) and the standy mode is working.

My Lenovo ThinkPad T510 will go to sleep, but it will not turn the screen back on, after waking it up (the back light stays off). Otherwise, S/R appears to work (although with no activity on the screen, it is really difficult to tell if it really did wake up). Wireless never did work, so that is waiting for the Multimac project to catch up.

QuoteI also found that Jan's pmtposd2 works on my Z61m

That works fine on my IBM ThinkPad A22e and my T43. It does not work on my Lenovo T510.

rwklein

Quote from: DougB on 2012.09.14, 22:46:56
QuoteI just tried this release of ACPI on the Thinkpad R51 (1838-PS0) and the standy mode is working.

My Lenovo ThinkPad T510 will go to sleep, but it will not turn the screen back on, after waking it up (the back light stays off). Otherwise, S/R appears to work (although with no activity on the screen, it is really difficult to tell if it really did wake up). Wireless never did work, so that is waiting for the Multimac project to catch up.

Well try /VBE behind the PSD=ACPI.PSD second if it does not work. After suspend see if you can ping the machine from another machine. And you can check if caps lock works (the led turns on).

Telnet does not work. It seems the video card must be back alive for telnet to work over the network.

Roderick Klein
Mensys

miturbide

I'm having some issues with ACPI on a Thinkpad L420 (7856-3WS).
Mainboard: Intel HM65 (Cougar Point)
Processor: Intel Core i5-2410M

After installing ACPI, it boots fine, but when I try to go to the "ACPI Power Manager" settings it says:
"The Power Manager service is not available. Either ACPIDaemon is not running or your system does not support power management"

It didn't work with or without /VBE. The Standy by goes to sleep but does not turn on back.

By the way, I don't use eCS 2.1 on this machine running on real hardware (only virtualized) since the trackpoint and touchpad does not work (only the external mouse works) and the Intel Centrino 6205 wireless is not supported.
Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Open Source Advocate

Skype - martiniturbide
Google Talk - martiniturbide@gmail.com

rwklein

Quote from: miturbide on 2012.09.15, 01:19:41
I'm having some issues with ACPI on a Thinkpad L420 (7856-3WS).
Mainboard: Intel HM65 (Cougar Point)
Processor: Intel Core i5-2410M

After installing ACPI, it boots fine, but when I try to go to the "ACPI Power Manager" settings it says:
"The Power Manager service is not available. Either ACPIDaemon is not running or your system does not support power management"

It didn't work with or without /VBE. The Standy by goes to sleep but does not turn on back.

By the way, I don't use eCS 2.1 on this machine running on real hardware (only virtualized) since the trackpoint and touchpad does not work (only the external mouse works) and the Intel Centrino 6205 wireless is not supported.

Its really the question if we are going to keep the old throttle tool alive (powerman). I will discuss this with David but from what I understand the HLT instruction with the new ACPI versions works without any trouble on most systems. And the support powerman offers is slower and from what I understood David has measured just has negative effect on the performance of a system and does not even conserve as much energy as the HLT instruction (that ACPI activates automatically just like the _W4 kernel did).

As for your trackpoint I send you a driver you could try.

Roderick Klein
Mensys

DougB

QuoteIts really the question if we are going to keep the old throttle tool alive (powerman)

Discard Powerman.EXE (and it should be deleted if found). The new ACPI does much better, and I am pretty sure that it works with many more systems.

I think you are slightly confused between Powerman.EXE, and the new ACPI configuration program. The configuration program works good, to configure ACPI, but you do need to wait for ACPIDaemon.EXE to get ready before it will work (Not sure why, it is simply used to set the contents of \MPTN\ETC\AcpiD.cfg). I have seen that take up to about 3 minutes after the rest of the boot is finished.

Blonde Guy

Suspend/resume is working on my Thinkpad X60. It needed to be on IBM single mouse driver, to have the /VBE parameter and to have the latest USB drivers, 10.185 installed.
Expert Consulting for OS/2 and eComStation

abwillis

Quote from: Blonde Guy on 2012.09.18, 07:09:28
Suspend/resume is working on my Thinkpad X60. It needed to be on IBM single mouse driver, to have the /VBE parameter and to have the latest USB drivers, 10.185 installed.
Interesting the X60 needs the /VBE as my Z61m (seems to be more closely related to T60 than T61 in many regards) doesn't.  Though I wonder if that would speed up the resume, it suspends immediately but takes I think longer to resume than to boot it up in many cases.